This role is within the behavioural analytics team of the NNCC (National Network Cyber Centre) project. NNCC is a product sold internationally with the goal of identifying malicious behaviour from advanced threats in network traffic. It is a country level cyber solution and operates at the speed and scale of the national Internet.Using cutting-edge technology, the behavioural analytics team research, prototype, develop and engineer complex analytics, on incredibly large datasets, to identify anomalies, and detect and correlate threats across the cyber kill chain. The analytics team works as both a long-term development team for the core NNCC product, as well as a data lab focussed research team for specific clients. They rapidly spin-up prototypes to serve immediate operational needs.The role:•
- To design, implement and test scalable and performant analytic pipelines - with guidance from a Data Scientist and Solution Architect.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the engineering processes and architecture for the analytics solution.
- To detect and analyse performance bottlenecks in new and existing solutions.
- To tune analytic implementations to cope with the solution scale - we ingest millions of events per second.
- To communicate and act on solution improvement ideas.
- To rapidly learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of the following is essential
- Python, our code base is Python based
- Knowledge of the following big data technologies would be extremely advantageous
- Spark / PySpark (all data analysis on a Spark cluster)•HDFS (forms our persistence backbone)
- HBase / Elasticsearch databases (used to store entity data)
- Kafka(for messaging / subsystem buffering)Knowledge of the following would be desirable but not essential•Ansible (our solutions are installed using Ansible)
- Airflow/ Jupyter (for job control and one off tasks•A JVM language e.g. Java / Scala
- Unix shell scripting (BASH for example)•Data formats such as Parquet and Avro
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.