Your new company
Join a public sector company to support the delivery of an effective cyber security function, ensuring that the Councils' ICT systems, infrastructure and networks are secure, and minimising risks for the organisations.Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- To support the Team Leader - Infrastructure in the implementation of an effective cyber security function, supporting the identification of potential risks and issues and applying fixes to mitigate these.
- To support a coordinated response to security alerts and incident response, alongside planning for disaster recovery.
- To assist in the development of procedures, maintain documentation and carry out scheduled monitoring, maintenance and security tasks.
- To support Council meetings which can occur outside of normal working hours.
- To work both flexible and in some circumstances follow a rota to support service provision.
- To participate in standby arrangements and including evenings and weekends in line with business needs and as required.
What you'll get in return
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and present complex information in an understandable way.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Knowledge of cyber security and ICT security management.
What you need to do now
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 29 days after 5 years, plus 11 bank holidays (including Christmas closedown).
- Flexi scheme with the ability to take up to 18 days per year flexi leave
- Flexible working from day 1 of employment
- Maternity/Adoption scheme with additional contractual entitlements (after qualifying period) and shared parental pay uplifted to be consistent. Additional fully paid leave for parents of premature babies.
- Access to a salary sacrifice lease car scheme
- A healthcare scheme and an employee discount portal
- Local government pension scheme - where the council makes a contribution of around double that of the employee (employee rates vary from 5.5% to 12.5% depending upon salary).
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.