Looking for something different in your career? Join Raytheon in Gloucester or Manchester and make a real difference in keeping the UK safe from terrorists and cyber criminals.
We will be hiring and training a cohort of passionate would-be engineers to undergo a comprehensive training program before joining one of our customer project teams. Our teams work for a variety of government, military and commercial customers to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers problems in areas like active cyber defence, Big-Data management, machine learning, vulnerability research and cybersecurity.
Our development program takes place in two stages. During the initial phase you will get a good grounding across a range of fundamental topics and gain valuable qualifications such as AWS Cloud Practitioner and ISTQB Foundation. On successful completion of stage 1, you will be able to specialise between the Software Developer, Systems Engineer and Test Automation tracks where you will complete further training and take further external certifications in areas such as Cloud Architecture and Advanced Software Development.
Throughout the course you will have the formal support of your line manager and a named mentor as well as the support of your peers and access to a variety of experienced and senior engineers for informal coaching opportunities
On completion of the formal training phase you will transition on to a mentored role in a customer or internal project. Here you will be supported as you start to work as part of a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers and you will actively contribute to the development of solutions using the latest technologies, taking on more responsibility as your skills and experience develop.
Training does not end at this point, Raytheon has many excellent career development opportunities and a range of further training in areas such as machine learning, big data, systems architecture and cloud technologies are available. This can take the form of on-the-job training, online training or academic programs such as advanced apprenticeships at the MSc Level.
This is a great opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.Summary of the role
Work as a trainee engineer within the Raytheon Development academy, learn valuable skills and gain professional qualifications with support and mentoring from a range of experienced engineers. On completion of formal training, transition to one of our Agile software delivery teams, where you will continue to develop through Raytheon's commitment to lifelong learning. Get involved in a range of exciting projects for UK Government and Military Customers. Experience deployments across different disciplines to add value to the business areas.Role & Responsibilities:
Candidate Requirements:Essential skills
- Participate in training activities.
- Complete assessments within specified timeframes
- Adhere to Raytheon's corporate values of Trust, Respect, Accountability, Collaboration and Innovation in all areas of your career
- Show a commitment to self-development and lifelong learning.
- Help to develop and contribute towards a supportive and inclusive training environment
- Show demonstrable enthusiasm for a career in cyber/software engineering and systems development
- You will have either a strong STEM degree background or taken alternative routes to learning via employment or training bootcamps
- This role will require taking the highest level of UK security clearance and all candidates must be able to meet the criteria for this to enter the program
About Raytheon UK
- Good interpersonal skills for team and customer and liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
The Cyber, Space & Training business, consists of four mission areas: National Security Cyber; Space & Airborne; Command, Control, Computers & Intelligence (C4I); and Training. Cyber, Space & Training provides our customers unrivalled technical and training services spanning all domains across a wide range of customers.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space businessAbout Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities .
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.Security
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance