E2 - Executive Assistant
Any regional base office
KPMG Business Services (KBS)
Business Support Group
Business Support Performance Manager
We aim to be universally recognised as a place for great people to do their best work. A firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture, using technology to empower and equip our people to deliver outstanding work with real flexibility - through inspiring workspaces, innovative ways to collaborate and hybrid ways of working.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our mission is simple: To support the UK in a connected world. It guides everything we do, underpinned by our values: Courage, Integrity, Excellence, Together and For Better.
KPMG's Business Services (KBS) function is the single provider of internal business services, advice, and expertise to KPMG. KBS is structured around three groups:
- Operational Excellence Hubs - delivering services and support that keeps our business running efficiently
- Business Partnering - providing strategic support and insight to business leaders
- Centres of Expertise - deep specialist expertise and delivery of transformation initiatives
- This role sits within the Operational Excellence Hubs (OEH). OEH is an innovative, agile, and collaborative function that provides services to support our client-facing colleagues in the delivery of their work. OEH supports the business through a variety of specialist teams, who work collaboratively to support the business to run smoothly.
The Business Support Group (BSG) is part of OEH, and you'll be joining a team that provides vital secretarial and administrative support to KPMG colleagues.
As an Executive Assistant you will form part of the BSG service offering and will be aligned to a capability providing high level executive assistant support, enabling stakeholder to focus on their core business objectives, whilst contributing to the KPMG's goal of driving growth through operational excellence.
We offer a wide range of training and development opportunities, enabling you to meet your full potential and develop a career that meets both your personal and professional goals.
Summary of Role Purpose:
This role is supporting Partners and Directors at KPMG. Previous experience is desirable in order for the individual to operate with a high level of confidence and prioritise with limited interaction.
A customer service mindset, effective communication, digital awareness and influencing skills are vital, along with an assertive, proactive, and forward-thinking approach. Supporting stakeholders, understanding their key priorities and strategy will be important to build new business opportunities.
This is a highly regarded relationship role, demanding a well-connected individual to engage in internal and external business deliverables. To meet demands, a high level of initiative and organisation is required to anticipate workloads/barriers and meet expectations.
With a modern-day assistant mindset and forward-thinking approach, you will create opportunities to take on additional value add activities and project support.
The role requires the ability to delegate transactional activities and leverage resources available to be a successful Executive Assistant through using the ASK (Administration Services KPMG) team and becoming an Ambassador across the BSG community.
Description of the role:
- Provide full diary management with limited interaction, using knowledge and initiative to anticipate and resolve conflicts
- Inbox management (if required)
- Regularly meet with stakeholders to discuss actions, priorities, expectations, and future planning
- Build strong relationships with key client secretaries to leverage business opportunities
- Delegate transactional activity through the use of the ASK team
- Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, and large meetings both in person and virtually
- Book travel, accommodation, complete visa applications and compile detailed itineraries using the ASK team where appropriate
- Utilise CRM as a key business tool, including managing, updating, reporting and research. Ensuring all client entertaining is updated onto CRM in line with the risk gifts and entertainment policy
- Attend internal meetings, take actions and follow up where appropriate if required
- Digital enablement support to stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively with peer group and provide cover during periods of absence
- Other adhoc duties as required
3.1. Leadership & Management:
- Influence, negotiate and manage conflicting demands
- Build trust and strong networks both internally and externally
- Seen as an ambassador for change, play an active part in achieving OEH vision
- Advocate the use of internal venues and fine dining
- Play an active role in driving cost savings e.g. through effective planning of travel and utilisation of use of virtual meetings
- Continuously seek opportunities to embrace technologies which improve our ways of working and that drive efficiencies to day-to-day activities.
3.2. Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
- Be client focused, understand expectations and requirements of stakeholders
- Ensure needs of both internal and external clients are met
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrate flexibility and resilience
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion and personal sensitivity in all aspects of role
- Ambassador for self-serve technology; role modelling the use of technology to support day-to-day tasks, as well as aiding stakeholders to embrace new technology-enabled ways of working
3.3. Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
- Drive customer service culture across KBS, embed customer centric behaviours
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- Complete all performance development, mandatory and risk training within set deadlines
- Live the KPMG Values
4.1. Experience - Essential
- 5 GCSE's / O Levels or equivalent at grades 4-9 including Mathematics and English
- Extensive diary management skills and use of Microsoft Outlook and Teams
- An understanding of the KPMG business structure and organisation
4.2. Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Intermediate to advanced skills Microsoft Outlook and Teams
- A knowledge of internal technology and tools including SAP Concur, Success factors, CRM, Coupa, NowSpace, and use of business social media would be advantageous
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Maintain client service mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organised
- Ability to delegate transactional activity
- Technically fluent and embracer of all new and evolving technologies
KPMG's Commitment to Inclusion:
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Applying with a Disability:
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum, we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
Policy for Agencies:
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. Please click here to see our policy on agencies: