BIG Data Specialists Needed - Systems Engineers, Science Specialists, DevOps, Platform Engineers.
Due to the nature of the role, you MUST be a British Citizen, hold a full UK passport and be able to obtain and maintain a full background clearance check.
Cyber Security is one of the fastest growing parts of our clients Global organisation, investing over Â£40m in research every year and employing over 3,000 people, they are the largest private cyber employer in the UK. They deal with thousands of cyber-attacks every day, so that millions of people can safely go about their daily lives and run their businesses. Delivering vital work at scale, with real breadth and impact.
You'll be joining a specialist security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide, protecting critical national infrastructure and committed to the safety and security of our nation and global communities. With incredible opportunities to learn, develop and gore your skills, weâ€™ll invest in you and nurture your potential.
Our client is at the top of their game, and this is your chance to join.
Our team maintain and develop a big data cyber monitoring platform which ensures the information security for one of our major customers. Comprised of Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana, built on a large remote Linux estate, the platform supports a suite of tools for storing, enriching, querying and visualising large amounts of data. The requirements can change at short notice, so the team uses a DevOps methodology to react to these changes and continue to provide the best customer service.
What youâ€™ll do:
- Part of an agile DevOps team, continuously developing, maintaining, and enhancing a big data platform for our end users
- To look for improvements in data processing and querying to enhance functionality and usability of the system
- To work closely with a remote team of analysts to develop and improve query tools and data exploration
- To maintain, support and enhance a big data streaming pipeline in Logstash and fine tune the storage and extraction of data
- Big Data - Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
- Experience in DevOps of big data platforms
- Networking and Protocol Analysis
- Platform automation and deployment â€" Puppet/Foreman/Kubenetes
- Ability to learn and apply new skills and methodology across the team
Whatâ€™s in it for you?
Â• On target Bonus (10%)Â• Discounted Benefits related to the roleÂ• Share options and 10% pension contributionÂ• Professional development and paid for industry certifications/qualificationsÂ• 3 paid for volunteering days a yearÂ• Optional benefits/rewards such as dental insurance, healthcare, gym memberships etc.Â• Well-being support for you and your family
What you need to do now
- Location Reading, Cheltenham, Ipswich or London
- Weekly Hours: 37.5
- Salary: Competitive
- Position Type: Full Time
- Contract: Permanent
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.