IT Infrastructure Specialists & Professionals Needed
Due to the nature of the role, you MUST be a British Citizen, hold a full UK passport and be able to obtain and maintain a full background clearance check.
Cyber Security is one of the fastest growing parts of our clients Global organisation, investing over Â£40m in research every year and employing over 3,000 people, they are the largest private cyber employer in the UK. They deal with thousands of cyber-attacks every day, so that millions of people can safely go about their daily lives and run their businesses. Delivering vital work at scale, with real breadth and impact.
You'll be joining a specialist security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide, protecting critical national infrastructure and committed to the safety and security of our nation and global communities. With incredible opportunities to learn, develop and gore your skills, weâ€™ll invest in you and nurture your potential.
Our client is at the top of their game, and this is your chance to join.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Specialist youâ€™ll be working within a fast paced, constantly evolving team, that delivers world class secure solutions that make a real difference to customers. Youâ€™ll be playing a leading role in the design and delivery of cloud-based solutions, setting their technical direction, working directly with customers and be deeply hands on in their implementation. As a customer focused team, youâ€™ll be working directly with customer throughout the delivery process.
Youâ€™ll also be developing more junior members of the team, using your own cloud and professional experience to support their ongoing professional development.
What youâ€™ll do:
- Providing the technical direction for the development and delivery of world class secure cloud-based solutions.
- Working directly with our customers to understand their requirements, and work collaboratively to define solutions.
- Be hands on in the build and development of cloud-based solutions.
- Translating architectural designs into infrastructure-as-code defined solutions.
- Working with support teams to enable management and monitoring of cloud-based systems, and their own going support.
- Providing some ongoing support to deployed cloud-based solutions.
- Ensuring compliance of cloud systems with security policies and regulatory requirements
- Either line manage or act as a mentor to more junior cloud architects and developers with responsibility for assigning tasks and their own going professional development.
- Responsible for designing and deploying world leading cloud-based solutions for our Customers.
- Mentoring and supporting the ongoing development of other members of the team.
- Sharing of best practice and new approaches with wider team.
- Utilisation of Cloud (both compute and appropriate managed services). Primarily in AWS with growth likely into Azure and GCP.
- Managing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, Pulumi, Terraform).
- Cloud architectures and the ability to appropriately apply the relevant techniques e.g. AWS Well Architected Framework, Event-driven workflows.
- Use of scripting languages (Python, Powershell,etc) to define processes and serverless functions.
- Micro-service and container based deployment strategies, and a zero trust authorization model.
- Application of software engineering principles to complex systems at scale.
- Maintaining and operating capabilities through-life.
- Continuous improvement through Agile processes.
- A desire to continually update, enhance and validate cloud skills (both practical and certification).
- Certification in AWS is desirable, but practical AWS experience is more important.
- Experience in either line managing a team or mentoring and developing more junior team members, being responsible for their on going professional development.
Whatâ€™s in it for you?
Â• On target Bonus (10%)Â• Discounted Benefits related to the roleÂ• Share options and 10% pension contributionÂ• Professional development and paid for industry certifications/qualificationsÂ• 3 paid for volunteering days a yearÂ• Optional benefits/rewards such as dental insurance, healthcare, gym memberships etc.Â• Well-being support for you and your family
What you need to do now
- Location London (potentially Ipswich or Cheltenham)
- Weekly Hours: 37.5
- Salary: Competitive
- Position Type: Full Time
- Contract: Permanent
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.