Join our Solutions Architecture Practice of more than 20 fellow architects. Help us shape our future working on a modern technology landscape built around the use of public cloud and Software as a Service. We operate in an architectural style that supports agility and values self-organisation, within a framework of guardrails, standards and shared working practices.
Social Security Scotland, in partnership with Hays Technology, are looking to recruit Solutions Architects. For further details about this incredible opportunity and to apply please contact Atibhee Kapoor email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] / 0333 010 5633
DDat Pay Supplement
This post attracts a Â£4,000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 9 months DDaT competency qualifying period. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
What do we offer you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance. We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
â€¢ Salary between Â£49,861- Â£ 62,167
â€¢ Flexible working arrangements with potential of up to 4 days off per month
â€¢ You will have an annual leave allowance of 5 weeks, rising to 6 weeks after 4 years. In addition, the Scottish Government observes 11Â½ days public and privilege holidays, dates of which are set annually
Contributory Pension Scheme (employee contributions 5.45%-7.35%, employer contributions 27.9%)
Flexible and Hybrid Working
This job will initially be based remotely (working from home) with occasional days in an office location. We are currently trialling and implementing a hybrid working approach, where colleagues will be expected to use a mix of office based and remote working (working from home) depending on the requirements of the role. If you want to discuss flexible working and hybrid working in more detail for this role, please contact the Resourcing Team at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot
Office location can be in either Dundee or Glasgow
- Work as a team member of agile delivery teams or more traditional project teams and engage to understand and identify their context and scope of technical needs, then deliver the design for appropriate solution/technical architectures.
- Regularly collaborate and find agreement with peers and senior stakeholders, providing technical leadership, direction and challenge. Where necessary resolve conflicting interests and requirements in order to establish a consensus.
- Be proactive in identifying problems and translate these into non-technical descriptions that can be widely understood
- Take on duties attached to roles within the Architecture Practice, â€¢such as being a Segment Lead for a group of related architectural work across teams and the group of architects involved.
- Take ownership for implementing continuous improvement initiatives in the Architecture Practice.
- Contribute to the development of Social Security Scotland CDO Architectural strategies.
- Provide a technical assurance function in support of Social Security Scotland governance activities.
- Act as the technical authority in information gathering and scene setting with stakeholders and managers.
- Undertake rigorous analysis to develop an understanding of solution and technology options to recommend the most appropriate approach across different environments and operating models.
- Act as consultant and â€critical friendâ€™ on best practice use of technology.
- Take ownership of technical architecture deliverables across the project lifecycle and ensure that solutions fit into the organisationâ€™s technical landscape, meets established design patterns, standards, guardrails and architectural principles; highlight gaps and risks.
- Collaborate with colleagues in cyber security to ensure security by design.
- Review technical proposals from external suppliers and make implementation recommendations.
- Take an open and collaborative approach to working and sharing knowledge.
- Support colleagues with technical expertise where required.
To be successful in this post you will have the following experience:
- The role requires a strong general technical background and an architectural mindset. Several years of experience as Solution Architect or in similar roles need to be demonstrated.
- You have the experience, skills and personal qualities that allow you to be effective whilst working unsupervised in a dynamic environment with fluid priorities and high levels of uncertainty.
- You know how to balance potentially conflicting requirements and interests, negotiate a consensus and can justify your architectural design decisions.
- You have experience of working with people as their technical lead and can demonstrate a range of leadership attributes.
Provisional Dates: Closing Date â€" 08/06/2022
Provisional Interview Dates â€" w/c 27/08/2022
To discuss and submit an application for this role please contact, Atibhee Kapoor at Hays Technology directly email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] / 0333 010 5633 or apply now. Hays are our chosen recruitment partner for this campaign and will offer you support and guidance throughout your application.