BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Role Profile1. Role Details Job Role
Infrastructure Engineer Reports To (job role)
Product Owner Business Unit/ Capabilities/Function
OH - IT - Prod & Engineering Sub Group/ Practice
Products & Engineering Platforms - Engineering Operations Grade
T03/F03 - F03/F04 Date Created
March 20222. Role Purpose About the team
The role is part of our outstanding, highly skilled Engineering Operations team, which supports our 1,000+ developers and their enabling infrastructure. The team supports a global workforce with key locations in Guildford, London, Gloucester, Leeds, Poland and Kuala Lumpur and supports a mix of Windows, Linux and MacOS technologies. We primarily follow an Infrastructure-as-Code deployment model and Agile delivery processes, for both operational management and new capability delivery. About the role
The successful candidate will join the Engineering Operations team, which is spread between the UK, Poland and Kuala Lumpur. You will have responsibility for delivering new enabling capabilities, developing and delivering templated systems, resolving infrastructure support issues and maintaining, managing and optimising the overall performance and availability of the infrastructure. Our customers are our internal engineering and product teams and we will work to bridge the gap between infrastructure and software development and drive efficiency through high levels of automation. Whilst technology-delivery is core to our role, so too is the appreciation of how we enable the business to service their customers.
This role is offered on a permanent basis, from either our Guildford, Leeds or Gloucester offices, however the role may be predominantly home based with travel to the office on average two days per week in line with our Hybrid Ways of Working. There will be periods where more frequent visits to the office are required, as well as occasional UK travel. Occasional out of hours support may also be required.
The principle responsibilities of the role are:
3. Core Duties / Key Accountabilities
- Complete routine operations schedules for servers, server applications, databases, systems and network elements using established and repeatable procedures following corporate standards and requirements
- Infrastructure Support across VMWare, Windows Server; Linux, Macs
- Installation and support of infrastructure hardware and software
- Identify underlying problems discovered during day-to-day operations and managing them to resolution within Service Level Agreements
- Leading or supporting transformation projects to deliver new services
Budget Holder Responsibility
- Technical input into infrastructure changes following change management processes
- Liaise with other support teams and third parties to ensure that incidents are escalated and resolved within Service Level Agreements
- Working at all data classification levels, a sound understanding of security processes and policies is required
Not Applicable Vendor Management Responsibility
Not ApplicableDirect Reports
Not ApplicableAccountable for overall headcount of
Not Applicable4. Functional Knowledge
(Requirements for knowledge of functional work and activities, the technical expertise)
- At least 3 years of experience of install, administration and support of VMware vSphere Infrastructure, mostly 6.5/6.7 or later
- Install, configure & support Microsoft Windows Server 2012+ and Windows 10+ or Linux - preferably Redhat/Alma
- Install and configuration of HP & Dell hardware;
- Automation techniques using Powershell, Terraform, Ansible and Puppet;
- Apple Mac support, including JAMF
5. Business Expertise
- Administration of AWS / Azure
- Linux certification
- MacOS Support Essentials or ACSP
- Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop
- Degree or relevant experience in a busy IT department
- Good understanding security hardening and CIS Hardening techniques and best practices.
- Good understanding of networking
(Requirements of the role for knowledge and expertise about the business, rather than the technical expertise)
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to cope with occasional pressure
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in an international environment
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to pro-actively take the initiative and work independently with little supervision, and also to be part of a collaborative team where ideas & skills are shared
- Ability to assess the impact of making changes on existing environments
- Professional / flexible individual that can adapt quickly to changing requirements or priorities and where necessary divert to assist other teams/projects
- See the bigger picture - outcome focused
- Able to bring your true-self to work and have fun whilst working
(Requirements of the role for providing leadership and guidance to others, complexity of team(s) managed)
7. Problem Solving
- Able to take the lead on issues or projects whilst working as part of the team
(Breadth of mental skills required in order to perform the role)
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Analytical skills
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Taking initiative.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.