About FTI Cybersecurity EMEA
• We help clients solve complex cyber security challenges. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest brands, who we advise about some of their most sensitive cyber challenges. Discretion and confidentiality are central to how FTI operates
. • Our Team Leadership has national security heritage at its core; discretion and judgement are key values for our teams.
• Our work is varied, often for clients in distress. Our clients value our responsiveness, agility and expert-driven impact. We look for technical expertise and aptitude, and the personal skills to fit these scenarios.
• We operate as one global cybersecurity P&L. Collaboration, both within our team and with other parts of the business (such are Strategic Communications, Technology and Data Science), are central to how we operate. Our engagements typically draw on expertise from across our business and geographies.
• After a period of extensive growth, FTI is looking to build out its EMEA cybersecurity practice. We have a phased three-year plan to attract and develop the right talent to be part of this journey. We are the start of this journey, and we are looking for individuals comfortable within a “start-up” environment, within the security of an established corporate setting.
• We value talent. We look for aptitude. [Our alumni include noble prize winners.] We recognise the need to attract, retain and develop talent. We value true diversity of opinion and background. We understand the importance of working environments. We believe in providing our people continuous professional development to maintain our expert brand.
What You'll Do
Perform a wide range of cybersecurity engagements in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment; summarising the results accurately and concisely in written reports for a sophisticated client base consisting of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and corporations; managing consultants on engagements which involve teams of investigative researchers; and providing oral reports to clients, when appropriate.
• Assist leadership in developing strategies to expand the portfolio of services offered and improve the efficiency and consistency of service delivery.
• Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, threats, methodologies and core technologies in order to assimilate client needs and design appropriate technical solutions
• Lead assessment of current threat identification techniques and development of new methodologies and frameworks
• Develop of incident analysis, combining sound analytical skills with advanced knowledge of cybersecurity.
• Assess client cybersecurity postures against industry standard best practices and frameworks.
• Lead modification and enhancement of proposals.
How You'll Grow This is an excellent opportunity for a person with proven, hands-on cybersecurity experience to join a dynamic and growing Cybersecurity team. You will have the opportunity to be involved with fascinating, high-paced and high-profile cybersecurity engagements requiring the best talent to provide value to our clients. Alongside this you will receive coaching and mentoring within the team in order to develop your experience and confidence. With the ever-evolving cybersecurity landscape, the need for continuous professional development remains at the forefront of the quality of our team and is wholly supported. We will work with you to develop a career path within the FTI Cybersecurity team so you there is a clear progression path, coupled with the right level of support and guidance in order to achieve the next step in your career at FTI Consulting.
Qualifications & Experience Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• One+ year(s) of experience conducting research at a corporate investigations firm or similar organization.
• This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices.
• Specialised experience in cyber incident response and cyber incident management.
• Strong understanding of frameworks and standards, such as PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, NERC CIP, ISO, NIST, etc.
• Very good understanding of operating systems, file system fundamentals, and security controls, with an in-depth familiarity with Windows, Linux, and Unix.
• Understanding of data loss / data theft prevention concepts and technologies - Understanding of eDiscovery and digital forensics concepts and technologies.
• Threat modeling fundamentals and penetration testing skills.
• Analytical ability - The applicant should have experience identifying red flags, validating sources, and making judgment calls about the completeness and accuracy of open-source information.
• Strategic planning and resourcefulness
• The applicant will be responsible for developing investigative plans and strategies for engagements and producing creative solutions to challenging research problems.
• Experience identifying and managing work performed by subcontractors, including negotiating budgets and deadlines.
• Aptitude: you will have a natural curiosity and desire to learn. You’ll show passion for specific areas related to cyber and be able demonstrate wider thinking and well-informed reading about them. You may have published articles, have your own development project or simply follow specific topics within choice media. You will show the latent ingredients of being able to grow into an expert in your journey with FTI.
• Critical thinking: you will be able to demonstrate the difference between technical and business success. You can make an informed, fact-based and objective analysis of an issue to come to a judgement. You can operate with a level of ambiguity and make logical assumptions when dealing with unknowns. You’ll be able to outline premises and a hypothesis, and construct objective arguments to support and disprove before coming to a conclusion. You may have a natural inclination towards understanding root causes and can demonstrate this in your academic or professional work.
• Dynamism: you will be a self-starter who can work on varied assignments often within tight timeframes. You will be comfortable in raising concerns or questions on a task in an efficient manner, and to be able to reach out for guidance when you feel uncertain. You will enjoy being given context, boundaries and an objective, and will take professional pride in delivering. You will relish the opportunities provided to you within an agile environment. You will suggest improvements or solutions where you think things could be done better.
• Communications: you can communicate clearly, concisely and with understanding of your intended audience. You will understand the value and importance of our written reports. You will feel comfortable raising questions when you are uncertain. You may have experience working internationally, and with other teams that are not immediately part of yours.
• Collaboration: you will recognise that the greatest success is mutual. You will show self-awareness about how you best operate, and the ability to reflect on how others like to operate. You will be able to demonstrate an emotional intelligence to be able to adapt, personal resilience, and a strong team ethos within FTI’s relatively “flat” hierarchy.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.