Your new company
A large public sector organisation who are going through an exciting transformation project.Your new role
The role of the Network / Server Engineer is crucial for the effective delivery and support of a secure and robust network infrastructure across Norfolk.
Responsibilities range from administration and supporting the Network Manager implement complex network solutions to meet the needs of Trust services and external partners.
The post holder will support the day to day running of the Network infrastructure, in close collaboration with the network team.
The role will ensure that the management; configuration; maintenance and implementation of enhancements to the current network infrastructure are completed in line with agreed procedures.What you'll need to succeed
- High standard of education to degree level.
- ITIL Foundation
- Networking qualifications, CCNA/CCNP
- Relevant specialist training courses equivalent to post-graduate level Up to date with IT technology advances.
- Demonstrable industry experience including 2 years proven experience of working in a network infrastructure support environment.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and WAN protocols.
- Extensive experience of managing and implementing Cisco routers and HP Aruba switches
- Experience of IP and analogue telephony systems
- Enterprise wireless solutions such as Cisco and Aruba
- Experience with firewalls, VPNâ€™s and other security activities.
- Experience of network monitoring tools
- Experience of working with third party suppliers
- Proven ability of planning and organising a number of different work streams/activities/tasks at one time
- Maintained in-depth specialist knowledge over a variety of networking technologies and best practices
- Knowledge of HSCN connectivity
What you need to do now
- Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to reassure non-Digital Services staff on complex Digital Services issues
- Effective listening skills
- Ability to constructively challenge & propose changes that will impact outside own area of responsibility
- Ability to build positive relationships and gain commitment from others
- Experience with dealing with people at all levels of the organisation
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.