Your new company
One of the worldâ€™s leading communications services companies. The solutions they sell are integral to modern life. Their purpose is as simple as it is ambitious: connect for good. There are no limits to what people can do when they connect. And as technology changes our world, connections are becoming even more important to everyday life. Today, thatâ€™s truer than ever. The connections this company make are helping solve the worldâ€™s biggest challenges such as the global pandemic, climate change and cyber security. Through the power of technology, they are supporting customers to live, work and play together better.Your new role
Voice has always been a key part of our business and the transition to IP based solutions has opened up opportunities for changing how everyone interacts with their services.
When you join us a Software Engineer youâ€™ll have the opportunity to be a part of a team building these future services and helping to define how people consume these services.
Youâ€™ll be able to use your skills to simplify how our customers connect with each other. You will be part of a friendly team where we provide people with opportunity to learn, grow and innovate. We have a great team culture where we thrive in an agile environment.
The role is for an enthusiastic, passionate senior software engineer responsible for taking us forward. It will entail being a point of knowledge between the frontend and backend team, writing microservices to make everything work together.
What you'll need to succeed
- Writing high performance, well tested code that will be used by millions of people.
- Designing simple light weight microservices that can independently be deployed .
- Documenting whatâ€™s been done, not because it ticks a box, but because itâ€™s useful.
- Spreading your experience and knowledge to junior developers.
- Delivering a coherent backend, providing api and services that our customers use â€" including internal portals and other clients.
- Wanting to learn new things and keen to bring the team onboard with new ideas.
What you'll get in return
- In depth knowledge of Java and Spring Boot
- Understanding of Linux as a runtime environment
- Git for source control, Maven for dependency management
- Docker, Consul, Prometheus and why weâ€™d want to use them.
- Knowledge of MySQL â€" data stores in general, when to use RDBMS over NOSQL etc.
- Agile Development using Scrum
- CI and some CD experience
- Evidence of working in microservice environment using Spring Boot
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
- Pension scheme
- Shares Plan
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
- Discounted products
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.