To work as an integral member of the IT Service Delivery Team providing prompt responses and effective resolutions to L1 & L2 requests for service and support generated within the business to support business continuity and maintain a standard of excellence within the department. A successful candidate for this IT service technician role will be expected to be experience alongside being competent in both software and hardware, network knowledge and a strong sense of self sufficiency. The ability to diagnose, investigate and resolve issues are also a day-to-day part of the role of the IT service technician. There is progression within the business to either an infrastructure or applications side of the department for the right individuals too, so this is a role for someone that is eager to learn more.
Benefits of the role include:
- £25-£30k per year depending on experience and candidate
- Hybrid work
- Car allowance of £4800 per annum
- Bonus up to 10% salary
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Death in service
- 20 days holiday + stats, with 1 additional day for each year of employment upto an additional 5 days.
- A full driving licence as there are multiple sites for the IT service technician to commute to
- Receipt and triage of incoming requests for service and support within the IT Service desk software solution. Email, phone, in-person.
- Responsibility for progression of requests utilizing good time management, and providing regular requester updates through to resolution, in line with agreed service levels.
- Technical troubleshooting, fault finding, resolution implementation and testing. Collaboration and escalation to relevant teams where required. Work logging.
- Procurement, configuration and deployment of hardware and software as required in line with standardized department policies, budget, and managerial approval.
- Active participation in daily team meetings, monthly group meetings, feeding back issues and providing customer and business insight.
- Creating and updating centralised technical documentation as required
- Careful and considered approach to hybrid working requiring physical onsite presence as per business/team requirements.
- Assistance with departmental projects when requested.
Qualifications, education, and experience:
- At least 1 Year experience working in an IT support background
- Additional training will be provided by the company for specific applications and projects
- Evidence of passed institutional certification to at least college/6th form level
The applicant must demonstrate the following proficiencies:
- Supporting a Microsoft Enterprise End-User environment. Latest Windows OS, Print Servers, DHCP, DNS.
- Deployment, configuration, and management of end user endpoints.
- Thorough hardware/software troubleshooting skills and methods.
- Basic understanding of Enterprise Endpoint Cloud technologies. Endpoint Manager/Intune.
- Basic understanding and support of networking technologies/methodologies.
- Awareness of Cyber Security best practices.
- Telephony and Mobile Communications
- The IT service technician must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong background in 1st and 2nd line support
- Abilities to install and administer computer hardware, software, and network components
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skills
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.