Digital Intelligence is expanding the Commercial team and seeking a passionate Commercial Manager to join one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. Our ideal candidate will be fluent in French and English as a minimum, with the ability to review contracts and negotiate in these languages with little or no supervision. We would like you to have experience in bidding and business winning, contract negotiation and in-contract management within the information technology industry, within one of the following market sectors in the Telecommunications, Finance and Insurance, Energy and Utilities. Most importantly, you'll be a proactive and innovative person, and thrive in a fast-paced bid environment. We operate a hybrid working pattern and can discuss role location on application.
This position can be based in either France or BelgiumWhat you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Leading negotiations and managing the Commercial relationship with Customers
- Maintaining close relationships with Customers and Internal Stakeholders
- Leading commercial strategy for bids and live contracts
- Supporting bid production in both drafting and approval capacity
- Formulating the full range of agreements with customers and key project suppliers
- Providing commercial advice and support to accounts and the rest of the team
- Liaising closely with Legal, finance and other functions
- Ownership of Commercial leadership, management, or bids and live contracts
- Fluent in French and English as a minimum with the ability to review contracts and negotiate in these languages with little or no supervision
- Commercial and contract management experience
- Experience in negotiating commercial deals for complex product and managed service solutions within IT/IS domain
- Experience of managed service/outsourcing and multi-vendor contracting models
- Good communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues
- Knowledge of legal issues, drafting of agreements, contracts, associated sub-contracts, common and statutory legislation
About the Commercial function
- German language skills would be a plus
- Maturity and gravitas to work with senior levels of clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to understand and challenge project P&L accounts
We create and manage frameworks which deliver value for BAE Systems and it's customers by undertaking the following activities throughout the lifecycle:
- Business winning phases
- Supporting Sales and Account Mangers in setting the business strategy by the framing and shaping of business deals
- Supporting Product Managers by producing and maintaining price books for our standard products
- Leading contact negotiations, agreement and acceptance
- Contract execution phase
- Launching the contract and ensuring its obligations are fully understood by the delivery team
- Leading the change management of the contract, and providing advice and interpretation of its terms throughout.
- Supporting Project Management in maximising value from programmes
- Contract closure
- Working closely with Finance and Project Management to close contracts, ensuring that obligations to and by the customer have been met and liabilities are covered
- Opportunity identification and exploitation
- Proactively identifying opportunities arising through our customer contracting. This can be recognising potential contract extensions and additional work, margin optimisation or parallel activities
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.