Your new company
With a mission to deliver monetary and financial stability for the British people, your new company is a diverse organisation. Each of its 4,000 people are committed to public service and dedicated to promoting the good of the people of the United Kingdom.
Within the Cyber Security Division, you will be working with people who are passionate about protecting the Technology estate. Whether it is identifying threats, uncovering vulnerabilities, or ensuring robust and resilient design, you will be working at the cutting edge in a security-centric organisation.Your new role
Within the Cyber Security team, you will be working with people who are passionate about protecting the security and stability of our Technology estate. Whether it is identifying threats, uncovering vulnerabilities, or ensuring robust and resilient infrastructure, youâ€™ll be working at the cutting edge in a security-centric organization.
Working within the Cyber Defence Centre (CDC) you will play an integral part of the evolution of the Cyber Defense Centre as it moves towards greater use of automation technologies to improve its ability to respond to cyber-attacks.
When not handling incidents, the successful candidate will focus on the continued improvement of the teamâ€™s security alert triage and incident response capability ensuring robust processes are in place to support the teamâ€™s ability to effectively respond to, contain and mitigate cyber security incidents.Your profile
Set yourself apart from the crowd with
- Good understanding of best practice security incident response concepts and approaches and practical experience in the management of high severity security incidents
- Experience developing and documenting incident response processes and designing IR playbooks
- Knowledge of computer network fundamentals, including network protocols and infrastructure (packet capture analysis, firewalls, web proxies, DNS etc.)
- A GCIH or similar qualification in Security Incident response
- Understanding of common cyber threats and attacker tactics, techniques and procedures and an ability to identify appropriate mitigation strategies
- Experience using automation or SOAR platforms, MITRE ATT&CK, Splunk, intelligence platforms
- Knowledge of security monitoring and incident response principles
- Experience with software development, scripting or programming skills
As an employer of choice, your new company offers an extensive benefits package including:
- It is essential you can communicate advice clearly and persuasively and can present compelling arguments both written and spoken.
- You will have experience in building good relationships at all levels across stakeholder groups and partner organisations
- You will be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams with both business and technical stakeholders
Closing Date: 17th JulyWhat you need to do now
- Competitive salary package of up to Â£50,000
dependent on experience
- Discretionary performance award based on a current award pool.
- 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits.
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits.
- Private medical insurance and income protection.
- A non-contributory, career average pension giving you a guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for every year worked. There is the option to increase your pension (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for salary through our flexible benefits programme each year.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.