This role sits at the heart of the communications and marketing team for an exciting, extremely topical, fast-moving and growing global business. Its primary focus is creating compelling written content for our business.
This involves working with our global subject matter experts, communications and marketing colleagues and sales teams to understand key business unit priorities and trends/issues that we can capitalise on, and planning activity and asset development for a variety of content channels throughout the year.
On a day-to-day level this requires creating and editing editorial copy - blogs, interviews, listicles, white papers, feature pages - and also serving as a strategic communications adviser for all written content.
You will generate new ideas and develop timely and relevant communications and marketing content for the business, by agreeing requirements and working across different business units to coordinate and streamline content in a variety of formats to raise standards and drive the Digital Intelligence brand and reputation around the world.What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Own content development - focused on public sector, cyber, defence and space markets, evergreen topics such as diversity and inclusion and innovation, as well as our products and services.
- Write and edit content for a variety of channels and audiences, including digital and social, thought leadership, media and communications, nurture and email, brochures, technical papers, blogs and creative assets, webinars and more.
- Work with key stakeholders within the business to develop content for comms and marketing campaigns, aligned to the target audiences, customer problems and linking back to the Digital Inteligence portfolio.
- Work with communications and marketing colleagues to feed content into global campaigns.
- Work with external agencies to develop content where appropriate - your advice will help decide what should go external.
- Collaborate with internal (and at times external) creative teams and agencies to bring ideas to life, through articles, infographics, videos, imagery and other forms of content.
- Help interview leaders from across government, defence industry and the wider public sector to generate content to be used across a variety of marketing channels.
- Engage with stakeholders to identify hot topics, plan ahead, build a pipeline of compelling content and create an overall story using content to engage and excite audiences.
- Stay up-to-date with competitor and non-competitor/best-in-class activity, bringing ideas for new, innovative forms of content to the team.
- Researching industry-related topics and interviewing industry professionals, incorporating their views in new pieces of content.
The essential skills and experience for the role are:
- Former journalist, PR agency or in-house content creation experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an ability to distil technical information into compelling, newsworthy content that will appeal to and engage a broader external audience.
- Experience developing and managing content with multi-channel execution; including traditional media and broadcast outlets, email marketing, social media, podcasts, blogs etc.
- Corporate mind-set and ability to develop compelling and interesting content that delivers against the priorities of the business
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and motivated self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Capable of acting both independently and working with a team
- Acute sense of what constitutes news and how to create impact in all forms of media
- Adept at grasping complex issues and pulling out key themes
- Strong writing skills - able to convey technical and detailed information effectively to a variety of audiences
- Ability to operate effectively and gain credibility in an intellectually demanding environment
- Aptitude for remaining calm, even when handling a large number of competing demands on time and energy
- Ability and willingness to be available and accessible including outside of normal working hours
Additional desirable skills include:
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Experience of security and/or technology sector
- Familiarity with working (agency or in-house) with organisations, such as consultancies or professional services firms, who are largely selling intangible services or services revolving around intellectual capital is advantageous
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.