Description Employer description:
Rothesay is a UK insurance company purpose-built to protect pensions. We are the largest specialist pension insurer in the UK, managing over £60bn of assets and securing pensions for over 830,000 people. We secure pensions for over 170 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid, and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success.
To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigor. Overview:
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary, and receive all your training at no cost to you as you complete a Cyber Security Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship.
We are looking for a passionate cloud security engineering apprentice to join the team and help deliver exceptional value to the rest of the business.
As part of the role, you can expect to get a lot of exposure to cloud provider services and the best practices on cloud configurations. You can also expect to proactively engage in the development of security-focused code and to get familiarised with cloud resources deployment strategies via infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipelines. Salary:
£30,000 per annum. Key responsibilities:
As a Cloud Security Engineering apprentice, you will contribute to the monitoring and enhancing of the company security posture. As well as:
- Monitoring and reviewing the findings reported by the adopted cloud security posture management solution.
- Looking for misconfigurations based on researching of cloud services.
- Proposing remediations for security findings engaging with other teams, where needed.
- Contributing to cloud security posture enhancements by developing code, where needed.
- Occasionally contributing to performing physical infrastructure security assessments.
What we are looking for: Desirable skills:
- The successful applicant will be expected to review findings on our Cloud Security Posture Management solution and together with senior Cloud Security Engineers contribute to findings remediation, contribute to the development of preventative and detective controls for the Rothesay cloud platform.
- Engaging the Quest team as well as engineering and software development teams to support secure configuration and deployment of services within the Cloud and enterprise infrastructure.
Entry Requirements: [for this programme are as follows:]
- An interest in security.
- An interest in cloud technologies: We are keen to hear about projects you've worked on and/or your plans for doing so.
- Ability to learn new technologies, part supervised, part independently. The more independently the better.
- An understanding of coding principles and a familiarity with scripting basics.
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
Full-time role will be available on successful completion for the right candidate. This is a chance to start your career in a coveted area of Financial Services. Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.