Technical Consultant Role Overview
- Advise clients regarding the opportunities and threats to their business from emerging and disruptive technologies and trends, by combining expertise in those technologies and trends with deep understanding of the client's business goals and strategies and the business context in which they operate
- Develop evidence-based strategies, approaches, options analyses and product assessments for clients with technology- or information-centric challenges, advising and supporting them right up to board level.
- Apply rigorous architectural and systems engineering method to help clients commission and control significant change programmes, realise anticipated outcomes and benefits and manage the complexity, uncertainty and risk.
- Establish technical, architectural and engineering governance for client organisations as needed to meet their business goals (such as establishing an effective Design Authority or Integration, Verification and Validation function for a client; or defining technical principles, policies and standards appropriate to the client).
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Good experience of requirements capture, management and ownership through the lifecycle
- Good experience of design / documentation creation and governance
- Confident speaking with senior leader within the unit to capture vision and feed into the design process
- Confident capturing process / technical designs and being able to present these at governance boards
- Confident creating slide decks for mid-senior level engagements
Strong Technical skills gained within a System / Infrastructure Engineering discipline
AWS skills beneficial but not essential
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.