Senior Manager, Wealth and Asset Management, Tech Transformation
The Wealth and Asset Management industry is growing strongly and is facing high levels of change driven by themes such as regulation, cost optimisation and differentiation. The professional services market is already sizeable and will continue to grow and expanding further into this space is a Global Strategic Priority for KPMG. In the UK, the Wealth and Asset Management practice is a successful and growing segment of FS and technology driven transformation is a core driver of growth within consulting. KMPG already provides a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest financial services companies.
Our team works closely with KPMG's broader advisory practice to link WAM client needs to capabilities from across technology. We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships. Business-wide transformation, specifically operations and technology driven change is a key growth area for KPMG. The Asset Management industry is a technology laggard and our clients will need to transform their businesses and operating models to remain relevant as the industry faces increasing levels of disruption, which creates opportunities for KPMG.
We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships. The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see "What Makes Us Different"
You will be a Senior Manager within our Tech Transformation Practice (aligned to WAM Consulting) and will be helping both grow our business and ensure our teams deliver high quality advice to clients. You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging client engagements across the WAM value chain for clients from across the ecosystem. As a Senior Manager you will be expected to lead on the delivery of key client work items such as leading programmes or being responsible for building KPMG IP.
It is also expected that you will lead and manage more junior members of the KPMG team as part of project delivery. You will be an example to more junior members of staff who will look to you for advice, guidance and development support.
As a Senior Manager it is likely that you will also be required to support Directors and Partners with business development activity such as helping with proposition development, proposals, RFP responses and pipeline management.
In addition to supporting the build out of the client proposition for technology, you will also be expected to support the development of the practice in a broader sense, such as through the development and nurturing of junior talent, training, internal communications and contribution to the positive culture and supportive working environment.
Management and delivery of challenging, complex client engagements to ensure quality and value to our clients by:
• Understanding their business challenges and the threats they face
• Helping them navigate the increasingly regulatory environment
• Advising on governance, delivery frameworks and operating models
• Helping them optimise their approach to cyber security controls and risk management
• Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge, as well as managing the performance and development of other team members
• Upholding KPMG's values by acting with integrity
• Building and managing multiple client relationships
• Project managing engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner to include: scoping / financial management (budgeting) / engagement and risk management / production and review of deliverables.
• Fee generation through actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal development and client presentations.
• Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
We expect that you will have:
• Professional experience in Wealth and Asset management consulting
• Ideally direct industry experience from a top asset manager
• Good understanding of the full WAM value chain as well as traditional asset classes - either from within a fund manager, a fund administrator or another management consultancy
• Good understanding of the operational and technological challenges associated with WAM businesses
• A track record within the Wealth & Asset Management industry with a sound understanding of the industry trends, key themes and challenges
• Ability to lead large scale technology transformation programmes
• Proven expertise in Project Management and delivery of projects on time, within scope and of high quality
• Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles, technologies and techniques.
• Ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients at a senior level.
• Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions
• Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity and inspire drive and confidence in others.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the WAM technology sector and a strong desire to develop knowledge and skill sets
• An ability to contribute to a positive, inclusive and supportive working environment which respects and recognises all members of the team
• A good understanding of technology platforms across WAM (ideally Charles River, BlackRock Solutions, Simcorp or other core vendors)
• Experience in Business Architecture, vendor selections or implementations
• Degree from top university
• Industry qualifications preferred (e.g. CFA, IMC, CAIA)
The role can be based in London but may include travel; candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally on occasions, with the potential to be away from home for set periods of time.