Your new company
Join a public sector company to support the delivery of an effective cyber security function, ensuring that the Councilsâ€™ ICT systems, infrastructure and networks are secure, and minimising risks for the organisations.Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- To support the Team Leader â€" Infrastructure in the implementation of an effective cyber security function, supporting the identification of potential risks and issues and applying fixes to mitigate these.
- To support a coordinated response to security alerts and incident response, alongside planning for disaster recovery.
- To assist in the development of procedures, maintain documentation and carry out scheduled monitoring, maintenance and security tasks.
- To support Council meetings which can occur outside of normal working hours.
- To work both flexible and in some circumstances follow a rota to support service provision.
- To participate in standby arrangements and including evenings and weekends in line with business needs and as required.
What you'll get in return
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and present complex information in an understandable way.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Knowledge of cyber security and ICT security management.
What you need to do now
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 29 days after 5 years, plus 11 bank holidays (including Christmas closedown).
- Flexi scheme with the ability to take up to 18 days per year flexi leave
- Flexible working from day 1 of employment
- Maternity/Adoption scheme with additional contractual entitlements (after qualifying period) and shared parental pay uplifted to be consistent. Additional fully paid leave for parents of premature babies.
- Access to a salary sacrifice lease car scheme
- A healthcare scheme and an employee discount portal
- Local government pension scheme â€" where the council makes a contribution of around double that of the employee (employee rates vary from 5.5% to 12.5% depending upon salary).
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.