Senior Java Developer (Associate Vice President)
• Working with line manager to analyse and propose designs and technical solutions
• Analyse existing systems, working with technical partners to understand existing solutions
• Producing designs and software PoC/prototypes
• Work alongside technology controls and cyber security teams
• Fostering innovation in our technology risk management
• Re-engineer current processes and controls to be highly automated, codified, self-service and friction-free
• Enable true CI/CD for our development teams, characterised by multiple releases per-day
• 4 years commercial experience with: java, linux/unix, REST, multithread development, git, CI/CD
• Experience in a creatively challenging environment
• Core Java (Collections / Concurrency / Design patterns)
• Database (SQL / JDBC / JPA / In-memory)
• Messaging (JMS / FIX / XML / JSON).
• Web services and REST API design (using frameworks such as Jetty / Jersey / Swagger).
• Test Driven Development (such as Junit / Mockito).
• Behaviour Driven Development (such as Concordion / Cucumber).
• Distributed version control systems (preferably Git / Bitbucket).
• Build tools (such as Gradle / Maven / Ant / Ivy)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.