Following expansion of the internal IT Services (ITS) team, a Solution Architect is required to help lead technology change within the organisation We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
The Solution Architect will work on a variety of projects concurrently, owning the end to end design from inception through to the completion of delivery. You will be responsible for developing the low level design from target state architectures, covering all elements of the technology stack from infrastructure, cloud, network, data, application, security and service architectures. This will involve exposure to a range of Business challenges and working with a range of subject matter experts (including 3rd parties) as well as implementation teams to help address them.
Key responsibilities include:
- To define and articulate pragmatic and commercially viable solutions to business challenges or opportunities.
- Includes ensuring all business, application, information/data, infrastructure and security elements are defined to sufficient detail which allows implementation teams to progress.
- Testing, release/transition and operational/support/service considerations also need to be covered
- Ensuring all functional and non-functional requirements are met for a particular business challenge or opportunity, or any exceptions are justified, agreed with all applicable stakeholders and signed off
- Working with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure solutions align with business and technology strategy, or seeking and agreeing (minimal) dispensations where this makes sense for the organisation
- Leading and coordinating other SMEs, both internal and external to Deloitte, where these are involved with solution design and subsequent implementation
- Identification of "quick wins" or short term transition architectures (e.g. a minimum viable product) which enables prompt realisation of business benefits at reduced risk, complexity and cost
- Technical leadership
- Troubleshooting complex and often intermittent technical challenges
Your work, your choice
Our client believes the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk, and carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
- Familiarity with a range of technology stacks (e.g. operating systems, system security, integration, database management, Cloud)
- Experience working within software development or SaaS / cloud architecture groups, Azure/AWS knowledge and experience is highly advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge onto other team members
- Managing security review meetings. Ability to influence cross-functional teams of DevOps engineers and developers driving a security culture
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools, automation and methodologies used to deploy solutions within a cloud platform
- Understanding of test frameworks for automated testing/compliance
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall delivery methods in a large-scale Programme Delivery environment
- TOGAF accreditation or BCS Chartered Professional, or Fellow in Solution Development & Architecture
- AWS and/or Azure Certified
- Cyber security related certifications/designations, such as: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards (e.g. ISO27001, PCI-DSS)
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
For more information on this role, or others within the Software Development industry please contact me directly on 02920 371821 for a confidential discussion. Or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Kimberley.firstname.lastname@example.org.