Your new company
My client is a mixed 11 - 18 High School & Sixth Form Centre with 1535 pupils on roll. The Sixth Form consists of 344 students with KS5 students showing real leadership and progressing to a wide range of destinations, including prestigious universities and sought-after apprenticeships. This school pride themselves on their pastoral care and have invested in a Student Support Services who provide additional support for students with, for example, mental health issues.Your new role
I am looking for an experienced and capable IT Analyst to join the in-house IT Services team responsible for managing all IT and Telephony operations for the High School.
The purpose of this role is:
What you'll need to succeed
- To maintain the school's IT resource for safe, effective use by pupils, staff, governors, parents, guests, and contractors.
- To help to develop and follow procedures while providing technical support.
- To support and advise pupils, staff, governors, parents, guests, and contractors in the appropriate and effective use of the school's IT resources.
- The installation and maintenance of the school's IT/CCTV/Telephony resource, including endpoints, infrastructure, mobile devices, audio visual devices, servers, Wi-Fi infrastructure, CCTV, Telephones.
- To perform routine Safeguarding reviews, highlighting concerns and escalating.
- To design bespoke/custom software solutions to resolve issues and improve the service provided.
What you need to do now
- Microsoft Windows Domains and associated infrastructure & Services (AD, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V etc.)
- Network infrastructure (Physical cabling, switching, VLANS, IP networking)
- Managing, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows operating systems, including Windows server
- Microsoft Office environment, including supporting Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), including managing device collections, monitoring & reporting information, gathering usage analysis
- SCCM Deployment services, MDT
- Troubleshooting hardware / software issues
- Experience in administration of helpdesk & asset tracking & management systems
- Up to date knowledge of current data protection legislation, including GDPR, Data Protection and CCTV best practice
- Experience installing, managing and maintaining physical network infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of Cyber Security, including best practice, current trends, and threats and ability to interpret external information and best practice to implement internal change.
- Familiarity with programming languages, including Python, PHP and PowerShell
- Knowledge of web development suites, including CSS, Java, HTML
- Advanced knowledge of filtering and monitoring systems, ability to collate and cross reference data to highlight Safeguarding, PREVENT or security concerns
- Ability to design, develop, manage and maintain bespoke software solutions
- Identify areas of improvement and develop software tools to improve working practice
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.