Application Development Manager vacancy in large public sector organisation in Coalville (100% remote working)
£48101 - £53,445 per annum plus 26 days annual leave, remote working and other generous benefits
Hays IT are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit an Application Development Manager on a permanent, remote working basis.
As Application Development Manager you will be responsible for driving the development and delivery of all business applications to support the ICT and digital strategy throughout the organisation. You will have in depth knowledge of application life cycle management methodologies and in particular application integration. You will have experience of big data architectures and how to convert complex dispersed data sets to executive level Insights. You will have experience of underlying technical stack to support business applications.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
• To take a leading role in implementing the team's work areas as directed by the Director of ICT & Digital Services, ensuring that a continuously improving and effective professional customer service is delivered and regular reporting to key stakeholders via approved dashboards.
• To provide effective day-to-day leadership and management of the staff within the team, including provision of clear objectives and associated risks, together with advice, guidance and support necessary to achieve them.
• Working with the Director of ICT and Digital Services to implement and ensure compliance with technical standards, to support enterprise architecture principles.
• Working with the Director of ICT and Digital Services to contribute to internal and external service reviews on live services and applications, to ensure service standards are improved and future application roadmaps are coordinated internally.
• Manage technical services related documentation and a document control process in accordance with approved ICT governance frameworks.
• Ensuring compliance to the approved ICT Software Development Lifecycle Management (SDLC) framework, ensure corporate systems are integrated allowing for improved data flows and assist with future reporting requirements.
• Working with the Director of ICT and Digital Services to review the current Data structures with a view to implementing a streamlined approach, converting data to tangible business insights.
In order to apply for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
• Relevant degree/qualification or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of ITIL & Agile methodologies.
• Technical knowledge and extensive experience of leading technical teams within the areas of Software Development (including cloud), applications development and integration, digital and data insights within a SQL environment.
• Significant experience of implementing Technology Standards / Roadmaps / SDLC Management / Data Management & Insights within a large organisation.
• Significant experience of data centre management cyber security and cloud technologies.
• Significant experience of SDLC Management in a large organisation. SQL reporting and Data Insights.
• Working experience of ITIL, Prince 2, Agile as well as EA methodologies.
• Knowledge of Agile Framework in SDLC context, and significant knowledge of Application Management.
If you have the relevant experience and you would like to apply, please submit your CV.