KPMG is acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in providing cyber security consultancy. We are investing in building our Corporates Cyber team to meet growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest Corporate companies. We help our clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, make sensible decisions on investment priorities, and build the specialist capabilities they need to counter financial crime and other threats. We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safely and securely. For us, cyber security isn't just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach to understanding and mitigating the risk.
The Team - Corporates Cyber Security
The team is an integral part of our rapidly growing UK Cyber practice. Our team works closely with KPMG's broader advisory practice to link cyber security to financial crime and risk management, operational resilience and IT transformation We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships. The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be. We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Take a look at our website with the link below to see "What Makes Us Different" http://www.kpmg.com/UK/en/about/WhatMakesUsDifferent/Diversity/Pages/default.aspx
You will be working as a consultant in KPMG's expanding Security Operations practice. As a Security Operations Assistant Manager, you will help our clients in solving some of the key challenges faced by security operations leaders.
The work would involve advising our clients on Security Operations Strategy, Design, Maturity Assessment, and Optimisation. You will get a chance to learn new skills, certifications and work with some of our key alliance partners, including some the largest security vendors in the industry
You will be working in a dynamic environment and engage with leading companies around the world.
• Hands on experience in a Security Operations Centre
• Alternatively, consulting or advisory experience in Security Operations.
• Operational level experience in some of these domains (not all): security engineering, alert triaging, rule writing, incident response, DFIR, threat intelligence and management, vulnerability management, and security control testing
• In-depth knowledge of at least one SIEM platform or security data lake and related processes
• Knowledge of various security tools, their functions and comparisons
• Knowledge of network and cloud security fundamentals
• Ability to explain complex technical concepts in business terms
• Extensive experience in report writing and presentation
Good to have:
• Previous experience in cyber project management
• Part of a large transformation and implementation project
• Hands on experience with ServiceNow and ServiceNow SecOps
• Experience with any other Incident Response or SOAR tool
• A network of other security professionals and relationships in the industry
Qualifications and Certifications:
• Bachelor degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or a similar degree
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in this area (mandatory)
• Any SecOps related certifications, including security vendor certifications
• Good to have - at least one of the following certifications - CISSP, CISM, CCSP, GIAC certifications or an equivalent security certifications