This leadership role will operate in our Cyber Security team within KPMG's broader Connected Technology practice. The acceleration of digital transformation and increased remote and hybrid working has meant that more than ever before our clients are having to manage the external cyber-threats, greater scrutiny from regulators and the cyber professionals in those organisations need to design, implement and operate a cyber-safe environment fit for purpose and reflective of that organisations strategic direction and its inherent cyber risk. Our Cyber Security team provides jargon free advice and advanced technical capabilities increasingly working alongside other capabilities in the firm to support our clients in achieving the above.
Our Cyber Security services are defined within four capability groups:
- Strategy & Governance
- Cyber Defence
- Cyber Response
We are looking to recruit a talented Cyber Response Director who will be focused on our UK Private Enterprise clients; these are a combination of partnerships (e.g. Law Firms), family-owned and PE backed businesses with turnover typically ranging from £100m to £300m. As a Cyber Response Director you will have the opportunity to drive all of the cyber, technology and risk services, and a key emphasis will be on the delivery of technical response and recovery engagements to clients. The role
Reporting to the Lead Cyber Security Partners for Cyber Response and Private Enterprise, the role involves:
- Taking accountability for the delivery of incident response engagements and leading multiple engagements on a day-to-day basis with the assistance of Senior Managers/Managers in the team.
- Leading sales origination/business development initiatives and acting as an integral part of the broader Technology and Cyber Security leadership team.
- Contributing to the overall cyber security strategy by identifying where there are opportunities for growth and developing the strategy to capitalise on cyber security and response risk opportunities in this sector.
- Building and managing excellent networks and client relationships (typically at CIO, CFO, COO, CISO or Head of Technology level) across a range of organisations.
- Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as responding to RFPs, bid management, proposal writing and client presentations.
- Leadership of operations and internal case management for the incident response team.
- Enhancing the service line and driving innovation across our people, processes and technology platforms.
- Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG.
- Coaching and developing team members both as part of our overall performance management process or on specific engagements.
- Contributing to practice management e.g. training, knowledge management, thought leadership, etc.
- Acting in line with KPMG's values at all times.
- Experience of working in the Private Enterprise sector including working with large, owner managed businesses or PE backed organisations.
- Experience of working at a senior level as a Cyber Security and Incident Response Lead and Consultant.
- Commercially aware, with industry relationships that will enable achievement of revenue in the region of £1.5+ million per year by year two.
- Experience and knowledge of the regulatory environment facing clients; with a particular focus on technology, security and privacy relevant regulations.
- Proven experience of delivering complex (or multiple) incident response and recovery engagements across a range of sectors including a proven track record of operating in high pressure environments.
- Proven experience of staff and stakeholder management, including conflict resolution while working at pace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience, extensive relevant sales experience, negotiation and project management skills.
- Sound understanding of risk management in professional services environment.