As a Commercial Manager you will be a pivotal player in providing Commercial services, support and implementation of strategy to meet the needs of our fast-paced business and customers in the Europe and Middle East region.
- Influencing new business methods, processes and measures to optimise the company and customer position
- Acting as primary customer interface for proposals and contractual matters
- Leading and influencing negotiation plans
- Provide guidance to the bid and contract teams on commercial issues and internal governance
- Identifying commercial risks and opportunities, and devise appropriate mitigations
- Leading and supporting the preparation of proposals, contract changes and claims
- Leading final stages of contracts
- Contract management support activities throughout the opportunity lifecycle, including managing Commercial requirements, deliverables and performance of specified contracts at all phases
- Coaching contract management issues, tools and techniques
- Proactively engaging other functions to enhance the Commercial solution
- Maintaining customer knowledge and applying market intelligence to opportunities
- Influencing the price build-up
- Knowledge of contracting for the export market
- Astute analytical ability to identify commercial risks and opportunities, and ability to devise a flexible range of mitigations
- Specialized knowledge of government and government related contracts / sector customers
- Knowledge of legal issues, profitability requirements, contract structure, terms and conditions, sub-contract considerations, funding and payment plans
- Ability to formulate the full range of agreements with customers, partners, including: teaming agreements, confidentiality agreements, licences of Intellectual property to third parties and responsible for drafting contracts / agreements and provides guidance on Knowledge of contract management issues
- Knowledge of tools and techniques that can be used to generate winning bids
- Ability to forge good working relationships and communication with peers and other colleagues
- Maturity and gravitas to work with all levels of clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to understand and work in different cultural situations.
- Knowledge of, and ability to adapt to commercial responsibilities in varied environments
To be considered for this position you must either hold SC or be eligible to apply for full UK security clearance ( you must have been resident in the UK for at least the past 5 yrs) Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.