We're looking for a Site Security Controller to manage the security operations of a brand new BAE Systems Digital Intelligence site, initially assisting in the planning and build phase of the new site, and then managing the protective security of the site in compliance with our Company and client requirements. The role consists of providing day-to-day operational support, guidance, and advice to staff with regards to all aspects of protective security; ensuring security policy is adhered to and/or risk managed appropriately. The ideal candidate will take ownership of their responsibilities in securing the site 24/7, and must be able to manage time, individuals, and infrastructure to ensure the integrity of the site and its classified areas. Working on his/her own initiative and as part of a team, they must have the ability to liaise with key stakeholders on sensitive matters.What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Being the first point of contact for any site security and security accreditation related issues.
- Ensuring that UK legislative and Company Policies are adhered to across the site.
- Conducting site specific and corporate Security Awareness training in various formats.
- Managing sub-contracted security officers; liaising with Account Managers to ensure that the Company receives an acceptable service.
- Providing management of AACS, IDS, and CCTV across the site.
- Liaising with Project teams and responding to Security Aspect Letters relating to projects on site.
- Providing the response to, and investigating security incidents in a timely manner, ensuring that they are dealt with appropriately or escalated if necessary.
- Highlighting and escalating any risks to the site or Company to the Company Security Controller.
- Liaising with, and providing advice and guidance to, the wider UK Security team.
- Working with the IT Security team to ensure that the Company's networks remain secure and compliant with legislative policies.
- Knowledge and experience of UK Government Security frameworks such as:
- Government Functional Standard GovS 007: Security;
- Joint Service Publication 440/441/490;
- Information Assurance Standards.
- Experience of Physical Security Integrated Management Systems.
- Previous experience working within a List X/FSC company or Protective Security role.
- Ability to work with the highest level of discretion and integrity as the role involves working with a considerable volume of sensitive and personal information.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, with experience of delivering briefs and presentations to staff and clients.
- Eligible to receive a high level of UK National Security Vetting.
- Knowledge of approved security products and build standards.
- Knowledge and experience of IT Security.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.