Collins Aerospace is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, with a passion for engineering, to join the Messaging Application Engineering team. The candidate will work directly with Engineering management, Program Management, customers and technical engineering leads across multiple disciplines, and support groups. The position will focus on the full lifecycle of our networking applications to provide solutions and support for both domestic and international customers.
Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed. Primary Responsibilities:
- Design and develop Collins ARINC applications using defined software application development lifecycle methodologies
- Work closely with team members through the full software development lifecycle: business/systems analysis, requirements gathering, documentation, development, testing and delivery
- Interact with customers, Sales and Program Management to solidify requirements and discuss the best solutions
- Follow solid engineering practices including configuration management using CM tools such as Subversion or CVS, and documentation according to ISO standards
- Develop software applications that interact with relational databases
- Develop Web services requiring extensive knowledge of JSON and XML
- Develop software applications utilizing the OSGI framework
- Develop software applications incorporating aircraft messaging in modern queuing systems
- Work on Solaris, Linux and Windows Virtual Machines.
- Bachelor's degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and proven relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and relevant experience
- Must be authorized to work in the U.K. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- Good written communication skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to support 24x7 on call will be required in this position. This is normally on a rotating basis with other team members
- A solid understanding of clustering, web services, message driven beans, XML, entity classes and persistence with SQL databases
- Experience with MQSeries, AMQP, MQTT, , JAX-RS, JAX-WS, CDI, JPA, JAXB, C, C++, JMS, CVS, Git and Hazelcast
- Knowledge and experience developing messaging applications with point-to-point, publish subscribe for both queuing and topics
- Possess basic knowledge of writing queries, and stored procedures in SQL
- Familiarity with the Netbeans IDE and Subversion SVN
- Possess experience working with Visio, and the Microsoft Suite
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Connected Aviation Solutions team provides advanced information management systems, products and services that enable the connected ecosystem by bringing together Collins' unique breadth of aviation, surface transportation and critical infrastructure products with our smart digital solutions to help us enhance every aspect of the end-to-end travel experience. We help airlines, airports, business aircraft and rail operators turn data into value to streamline operations, increase efficiency and reduce cost, enhance the passenger experience and contribute to sustainable flight. By combining the best networks, connectivity and data/analytics solutions, we're solving big problems for our customers and the world, while enhancing the security and connectivity of systems both on and off the aircraft, to help operators and passengers stay more connected and informed and create a more sustainable, efficient, reliable and enjoyable travel experience.Aviation connects the world. Our Connected Aviation Solutions team connects aviation. Sustainably. Seamlessly. Securely.Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success
. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Corporate healthcare
- 25 days annual leave for newly hired employees
- Generous pension plan
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- And more!
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again. Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace, in accordance with our 'Baseline Security' requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.