Let’s make our world safer, smarter and better.
Atkins is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. Protecting the security of our home and of our citizens abroad is one of government’s highest priorities. Our role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience in this dynamic sector.
We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
- Provide Cyber Security advice and guidance for clients in ‘business as usual’, technical refresh and new project environments.
- Be able to apply technical knowledge, with creative and innovative thinking in a broad range of complex and non-routine contexts.
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements.
- Perform Cyber Security risk assessments and determine the most cost-effective deployment of security controls and solutions in line with the business risk appetite to protect information assets from loss misuse, leakage or corruption.
- Create client Cyber Awareness policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services being performed.
What you can bring?
- Experience of delivering technical Cyber Security consultancy in multi-disciplined environments.
- Experience of developing Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), including risk assessments/management and the deployment of appropriate controls.
- An excellent communicator, verbal (active listener) and written (able to write concisely).
- Ability to articulate and pitch Cyber Security advice both at a technical and non-technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities.
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure that delivers security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work both effectively individually and within a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- A wide awareness of Cyber Security across Government and Industry to include; HMG Information, Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the CESG IA Portfolio and JSP440 (plus other standard MoD IA methods.
- CESG Certified Professional (Security and Information Risk Advisor or Security Architect).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent.
- Associate/Full Membership of recognised security professional body such as the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) or the BCS.
- A keen interest in the latest technology with a focus on security technologies.
- Ambition to work in a challenging and rewarding role that provides real benefit to clients.
- An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills.
- Experience within programme and project environments.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
Read more about 'Total Reward'.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS