We are seeking a Technical Capability Lead (TCL) to work with our client at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL).
A Technical Capability Lead is a type of Technical Consultant who help clients to solve problems
, meeting their business needs with solutions appropriate to their business strategy that have a significant technology
or information systems
component. Technical Consultants are the link between clients with problems and BAE Systems' solution and service delivery teams. We build client intimacy
and trust; we influence
our clients up to the highest levels; we build corporate insight
into our client problems; we find opportunities for innovation
.General Role Accountabilities
Specific Role Attributes
- Advise clients regarding the opportunities and threats to their business from emerging and disruptive technologies and trends, by combining expertise in those technologies and trends with deep understanding of the client's business goals and strategies and the business context in which they operate
- Develop evidence-based strategies, approaches, options analyses and product assessments for clients with technology- or information-centric challenges, advising and supporting them right up to board level.
- Apply rigorous architectural and systems engineering method to help clients commission and control significant change programmes, realise anticipated outcomes and benefits and manage the complexity, uncertainty and risk.
- Establish technical, architectural and engineering governance for client organisations as needed to meet their business goals (such as establishing an effective Design Authority or Integration, Verification and Validation function for a client; or defining technical principles, policies and standards appropriate to the client).
- Ability to contribute Science and Technology knowledge and expertise into technical discussions with the client.
- Willingness to reach out to other subject matter experts to fill in knowledge gaps support/refine an engagement.
- Ability to grasp key technical attributes from a discussion and establish a firm understanding of the required outcome for a task.
- Ability to work with vague requirements and develop these into something more tangible.
- Ability to support the client in the creation of innovative approaches to achieve the outcome.
- Ability to translate a desired outcome and approach into an entity that can be contracted.
- Ability to identify science and technology roadmaps that build on existing work.
- Experience in the delivery of projects in the value range £50k-£5m and associated typical risks mitigations
- Natural affinity to Business Development
- Willingness to stand back and let other teams 'own' the delivery
- Willingness to step in to challenging situations and support projects that are not performing to the required standard
- Confident communicator
- Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders within the customer and supply base
- Science or Engineering Technical Background
- Experience delivering into DSTL or similar HMG agency, and/or experience of one or more of Cyber / DSP / RF Systems / Space / AI+ML
- Some experience in all phases of project life-cycle (scoping, costing, delivering, troubleshooting)
- Ability to engage and influence across both deeply technical as well as management levels.
- Willing to travel to Salisbury / Portsmouth up to 1-2 days per week (in non-pandemic times)
#AIcareersLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.