Looking for something different in your career? Join Raytheon in Manchester or Gloucester and make a real difference in the fight against cyber-crime.
You'll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers' critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
We are always continuing to try to improve our systems with new projects becoming available to work on with cutting-edge tech. You'll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.Summary of the role:
To design, develop and maintain applications and systems, to rapidly prototype designs and to deploy and maintain these systems in a public or private cloud.Role & Responsibilities:
Candidate Requirements:Essential skills
- Building and setting up development tools and infrastructure
- Understand the needs of project stakeholders and convey this to developers
- Automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cyber security threats
- Identify technical problems and develop software updates and solutions
- Work with software developers and engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
Desirable skills of interest
- Some experience of working and deploying with cloud technologies: AWS or Azure including infrastructure as code e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Some experience in building and deploying large-scale applications in Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines;
- Some experience of using container platform and orchestration systems ECS, AKS, Kubernetes/helm/Docker
- Some experience of source code management e.g. Git
- Some experience automation, integration tools such as Jenkins, Concourse CI or cloud equivalents
- Experience in scripting languages
- Some experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Professional Scrum Qualification or equivalent experience
About Raytheon UK
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
The Cyber, Space & Training business, consists of four mission areas: National Security Cyber; Space & Airborne; Command, Control, Computers & Intelligence (C4I); and Training. Cyber, Space & Training provides our customers unrivalled technical and training services spanning all domains across a wide range of customers.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space businessAbout Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities .
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.Security
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance .