This Commercial Finance Manager Role reports to the Head of Finance - Business Development, with a global remit focusing on building excellent relationships and influencing the key decisions that improve business performance from orders received. You will be commercially astute with the ability to assess and quantify risk associated in the bidding process.
You will be at the forefront of discussions with varied stakeholders, a key player in decision making, challenging the status quo and influential in strategy formulation/ implementation. You will be comfortable with bringing a level of gravitas to dealing with ambiguity, focussed on business outcomes whilst consistently delivering on business obligations. Adapting to cultural and relational considerations, you will lead development and maintenance of good, trusted stakeholder relationships.
This role would require you to be based from the office in Guildford at least 2 days per monthWhat you'll be doing
- Financial ownership of assigned bid opportunities throughout the bid lifecycle to bid submission.
This includes understanding the key cost levers which drive gross margin as well as understanding the price to win and levers for bid scoring to ensure we increase our win rate;
What we're looking for
- An expert on our pricing models;
- Knowledgeable on our competitors and how we need to position our bid to be successful;
- Ensure we follow an effective bid governance process as outlined by BAE policy;
- Active collaboration and partnering with colleagues in finance teams to ensure target margins are appropriate;
- Support of process improvements in the bid and project management process;
- Presentation of timely, accurate and complex financial information in a clear and simple format to stakeholders from across the organisation;
- Development of colleagues in business winning skills, whether within the function or outside, to ensure appropriate practices are followed;
- Delivery of insightful and actionable management information as required;
- Understand the concepts of Overheads and recovery methods and their role in assisting the business manage net profitability.
- Qualified Accountant with considerable post qualified experience
- Experience in bidding into UK Government a plus
- Exceptional commercial acumen including an understanding of pricing strategies and cost recovery models
- Experience in driving cost savings and margin improvement
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience of working across cultures and time zones (desirable)
- Understanding of key performance indicators and how these support the delivery of insightful management information
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Ability to work effectively in a cross function team and at various seniority levels in the organisation
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.