Our machinist apprenticeship programme is tailored to develop outstanding apprentices that, from day one, will work on state-of-the-art technology to deliver high value manufacturing expertise to our global customers.
After completing a robust recruitment process our apprentices will be supported to embark on their career journey at the Banbury site throughout which they will receive a highly competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package.
Having already completed a level 2 Engineering Technician, you will work on site at our Banbury site undertaking invaluable work experience, learning the basic principles and underpinning knowledge needed for your career. You will attend one day a week at the training provider to study towards a Level 3 Engineering Technician standard.
Your duties will include:
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Preparing & Using Milling/Turning/Grinding Machines
- Preparing and using lathes for turning and milling operations
- Producing CAD Models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Producing Engineering Project Plans
- Preparing & Using CNC Machining Centres
- General Welding Applications
- Complying with Statutory Regulations Organisation Safety Requirements
The ideal candidate will:
- Already hold a level 2 Engineering Technician qualification
- Demonstrate a passion for hands-on engineering
- Work collaboratively and effectively with others
- Able to work on own initiative
- Be able to share learning and best practice with others
- Demonstrable problem solving abilities
- Shows aptitude for creative thinking
- Communicates with mutual trust and respect
- Demonstrates awareness of the importance of environmental health and safety standards, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques