Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.Location: UK - Marston Green, Birmingham Title: Test EngineerPosition Summary:
The Test Engineer will be responsible for the set-up, commissioning and support of production test rigs that test aircraft Fuel Control Systems (Pump, Metering Units and Actuators) for
Rolls Royce, Pratt & Whitney, and GE Engines. This role covers all aspects of testing from test rig design, software development, fault diagnostics and equipment validation using data analysis techniques.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, where the role diversity means no two days are the same, with interactions across Engineering, Asset Care, Operations and Projects teams. The position will report to the Lead Test Engineer.Key Responsibilities
Preferred Skill & Experience
- Supporting Asset Care team, ensuring that the right test equipment is available, conforming, and calibrated.
- Development, modification, and validation of test rigs.
- Maintaining and development of National Instruments LabVIEW software.
- Diagnosis of test rig issues and test failures on test software/hardware related to hydro-mechanical test equipment (controls, instrumentation, data acquisition systems and Proportional Integral Derivative tuning).
- Technical Report Writing to capture data analysis and approval justifications.
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience of test engineering, programming and experience with LabVIEW is extremely desirable with the ability to analyse data and draw conclusions.
- Experience in measurement of fluid flow, pressures, temperature, current, voltage, etc.
- The ability to have strong documentation and a disciplined, process-oriented approach to tasks.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with people at all levels.
- Awareness of DESEAR, ATEX, PUWER, PED requirements.
This position may involve access to export controlled information and hardware where an export license would be required for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Employment will be subject to satisfactory security checks, export license approval, and if required, completion of a non-disclosure agreement.
This position is open to both Internal and External candidates. Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.