In March 2016, Quantexa was founded by a team with decades of experience in software, data, and advanced analytics. Every business with data at its core can benefit from what we're doing, so we can hit the ground hard, pioneering a contextual approach. In just over five years, we've grown from a few desks huddled in the corner of shared space to have over 550 staff worldwide! Having just completed our Series D funding round, we are in a rapid scale-up phase. Due to our continued success and high demand from our clients, we are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join our Information Security team.
What will you be doing?
The information security function supports and enables the business by working proactively and responsively to keep our data and our customer's data secure by identifying and remediating potential risks and vulnerabilities and stopping any potential cyber-attacks from materializing. As a member of the growing Information Security team that reports to the Cyber Security Manager, you'll play a key role in monitoring for and responding to incidents across all locations and engaging in a continuous cycle of assessment and improvement of security controls. Our team also supports and integrates new security technologies and designs and implements automated responses. Join us and help grow our fantastic team, build our inclusive culture, and support the development of other team members
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will focus on applications and cloud environments. In conjunction with the Cyber Security Manager, you will play a vital role in implementing controls and processes related to the protection of Quantexa data. You will respond to cyber incidents as they occur. Daily, you will make decisions around the security of the multi-cloud environment, implement cloud security scans and review controls, execute troubleshooting tasks using various tools, assess cloud compliance and identify vulnerabilities.
Furthermore, you will assist in managing the MSP, enhancing the current alerting and monitoring processes, developing security use cases, controlling the onboarding of new log data, and developing automated incident response processes.
This role will give you the opportunity to help shape the direction of the cyber security function at Quantexa ensuring that our clients and best practice influence everything we do.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Aligning security architecture, controls, policies, and procedures with security standards
- Conducting proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Ownership and management of the User Entitlement Review (UER) process in line with the IAM Policy
- Identifying and managing current and emerging technology issues, including security trends, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Build upon the current SIEM design and drive the onboarding of new log sources into the SIEM for analysis, coupled with the creation of new SIEM rules in conjunction with the MSP for correlation across multiple types of log feeds
- Work with the MSP in detecting and responding to security issues across multi-cloud and office-based environments.
- Input into the review and writing of crucial security operational standards
- Assist the Cyber Security Manager in maintaining CE+ the operational security requirements for ISO 27001 and SOC 2
- Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
Internal & External relations
You will work with the Head of Information Security and the Cyber Security Manager to ensure security controls are commensurate to business requirements. We are recommending pragmatic and practical security solutions that will allow us to continue to scale while meeting our obligations to our customers and regulators.
- An ability to work collaboratively and communicate with different team situations to achieve common goals
- The ability to develop meaningful relationships within the Information Security team and broader teams
- A High-level of analytical skills, exceptional relationship management competencies, and relevant project management work experience
- A Strong understanding of information security and the threat landscape to enterprise systems
- Detailed understanding of Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) technologies
- Competent in Python for automation and analysis
- Good knowledge of Cloud environments (ideally GCP & Azure), Operating systems, and Internet security capabilities (Zscaler)
- Ability to remain calm in high-stress situations
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the overall risk management framework when it comes to Information Security
- A desire to learn and the ability and commitment to achieve industry-recognized security certifications.
- You will have excellent presentation, communication, and influencing skills, incorporating the ability to articulate complex issues and specialist advice to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- SOC Operational experience (e.g., triaging alerts and performing root cause analysis investigations (RCA))
- Experience in understanding and actioning threat intelligence and vulnerability notifications
- Knowledge of host based and network-based artifacts
Why join Quantexa?
We know that just having an excellent glass door rating isn’t enough, so we’ve put together a competitive package as a way of saying thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
- Competitive salary 💰
- Company bonus
- Private healthcare, Life Insurance & Income Protection
- Cycle Scheme and TechScheme
- Free Calm App Subscription #1 app for meditation, relaxation and sleep 🧘♀️
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy up to 5 days) + birthday off! 🌴
- Ongoing personal development
- Great WeWork Office Space & Company wide socials
Quantexa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment, where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Regardless of race, beliefs, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity or ableness – whoever you are, if you’re a curious, caring, and an authentic human being who wants to help push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want to hear from you.