A key contributor in the development of composite products and processes in a highly exciting and fast-paced environment working within Collins engineering team.Key Responsibilities:
Experience & Skills:
- Be fundamental in the design, development, and review of novel structural composite components
- Implement design validation activities using first principal calculations and Finite Element Analysis
- Author design tools based on development project findings
- Create detailed CAD models and drawings
- Carry out testing to interrogate and validate component and material performance
- Develop new, novel and update current manufacturing processes
- Provide reports and documentation necessary to demonstrate product technology progression
- Clearly communicate actions and progress of engineering tasks in hand
- Adheres to Collins Cardinal rules and relevant site specific safety requirements
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of themselves and that of their colleagues, raising hazards and issues to supervision where appropriate
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Able to investigate and solve new engineering problems using first principles
- Excellent grounding in solid mechanics, stress analysis and material science
- Proven FEA experience
- Knowledge of Polymer Matrix Composite including different types of resins, fibres, manufacturing techniques, and testing methods
- Willing to take hands-on approach to developing components, manufacturing processes and testing methods
- Highly motivated, with a keen ability to use own initiative
- Clear open two-way communication skills
- Willing to work in both office based and workshop based environments
- Fit the dynamic and enthusiastic culture within Collins and flexible with working hours
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary and car benefit as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.