BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Graduate Security Consultant Start date:
September 2023 Base location:
London or Guildford
Here at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we are committed to helping governments, organisations and society navigate digital threats and opportunities. Whether it's leveraging data to digitally transform operations or securing organisations and nations from cyber threats, we combine our unrivalled security and engineering heritage to help our clients navigate the data-reliant digital landscape.
As the cyber and intelligence arm of BAE Systems, we employ over 4,800 people across 15 countries in North America, APAC, Europe and the Middle East. With our distinguished heritage, we relish the opportunity to transform digital and data practices, defence, intelligence, security and society for government agencies, law enforcement, financial services, and critical infrastructure.
The graduate programme is designed to give you ownership of your career aspirations, supported by training and practical experience to help you succeed. You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be assigned a Career Manager, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. All of this is designed to complement your career development, fuel your ambition, and give depth to your training and career.Role Profile
The role of a Graduate Consultant is to harness the expertise of our talented and highly experienced Consultants, to deliver a mixture of business and technical-related activities resulting in tangible outputs for our clients. Our Graduate Consultants are often the bridge between the business and technical delivery teams and operate across the full length of the project lifecycle, from helping to identify the problem and defining the solution, to implementing and managing the change required for our clients to reach their goals. Graduate Consultants will learn the tools, techniques and approaches used by consulting professionals.
Our Security Consultants help our customers understand their cyber risk, secure their business and improve their security operations. We are the people they trust to defend, or recover, from cyberattack through provision of technical services, assurance and support combined with expert analysis.Typical responsibilities might include:
- Assistance in the investigation of security breaches and incidents
- Delivery of information security education and awareness
- Support of information security governance and management
- Support of application and system-level risk assessments
- Development and review of information security policies and procedures
- Preparation of information security audit and compliance activities
- Analysis and research of security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions
Please note, as a Graduate Consultant, you may be required to work on client sites, which are away from your base location - this can be for an extended period of time. In this instance, all travel and expenses costs will be covered. If you have concerns about this; please speak to your recruitment contact. Entry Requirements
- You will need to have obtained or be studying towards a 2:2 or above
- You will need to have graduated within the last 3 years
- Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/united-kingdom-security-vetting
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
We expect great things of our graduates. In return, you can expect a £30,000 starting salary with regular, performance based uplifts and a comprehensive benefits and pension package, including 25 days' annual holiday with flexible leave arrangements and product and service discounts.What's next?
• CV submission & review
• Digital assessment
• Live InterviewLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.