BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Security Consulting Summer Internship Start Date:
June 2023 Base location:
London or Guildford
Here at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we are committed to helping governments, organisations and society navigate digital threats and opportunities. Whether it's leveraging data to digitally transform operations or securing organisations and nations from cyber threats, we combine our unrivalled security and engineering heritage to help our clients navigate the data-reliant digital landscape.
As the cyber and intelligence arm of BAE Systems, we employ over 4,800 people across 15 countries in North America, APAC, Europe and the Middle East. With our distinguished heritage, we relish the opportunity to transform digital and data practices, defence, intelligence, security and society for government agencies, law enforcement, financial services, and critical infrastructure.
The Summer Internship programme aims to provide an environment that supports the acquisition of knowledge and experience from industry best practices and importantly, provide roles allowing the application of that understanding through practical experience in day-to-day roles.
You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be assigned a Career Manager, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. All of this is designed to complement your career development, fuel your ambition, and give depth to your training and career.Role Profile
As a Security Consulting Intern, you will harness the expertise of our talented and highly experienced Consultants, to deliver a mixture of business and technical-related activities resulting in tangible outputs for our clients. Our Consultants are often the bridge between the business and technical delivery teams and operate across the full length of the project lifecycle, from helping to identify the problem and defining the solution, to implementing and managing the change required for our clients to reach their goals. You will learn the tools, techniques and approaches used by consulting professionals.
Our Security Consultants help our customers understand their cyber risk, secure their business and improve their security operations. We are the people they trust to defend, or recover, from cyberattack through provision of technical services, assurance and support combined with expert analysis.Typical responsibilities might include:
- Assistance in the investigation of security breaches and incidents
- Delivery of information security education and awareness
- Support of information security governance and management
- Support of application and system-level risk assessments
- Development and review of information security policies and procedures
- Preparation of information security audit and compliance activities
- Analysis and research of security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions
- You will need to be studying towards a 2:2 or above
- Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK can be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digtial Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government Security Clearance, prior to starting with us: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/united-kingdom-security-vetting
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
We expect great things of our Summer Interns. In return, you can expect a £19,500 annual salary (pro-rota) and 5.5 days of holiday and product & service discounts.What's next?
• CV submission & review
• Digital assessment
• Live InterviewLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.