A key contributor in the development of composite products and processes in a highly complex and fast-paced environment working within Collins engineering team.Key
Experience and Skills:
- Have product
for the design, development, and investigation of novel structural composite components
- Identify and implement design evolution and validation activities using first-
calculations and Finite Element
- Develop technology development plans based on assessment of design, stress, and M&P related complexities
- Author design tools based on development project findings
- Create detailed CAD models and drawings
- Carry out testing to interrogate, evolve and validate component and material performance
- Provide reports, presentations, and documentation necessary to demonstrate progression through Technology Readiness Levels.
- Clearly communicate actions and progress of engineering tasks
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Able to evaluate and solve new engineering problems using first
- Excellent grounding in solid mechanics, stress
and material science
- Proven FEA experience
- Knowledge of Polymer Matrix Composite including different types of resins, fibres, manufacturing techniques, and testing methods
- Willing to take hands-on approach to developing components, manufacturing processes and testing methods
- Highly motivated, with a keen ability to use own initiative
- Clear open two-way communication skills
- Willing to work in both office-based and workshop-based environments
- Fit the dynamic and enthusiastic culture within Collins and flexible with working hours
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme which operates a double match.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.