This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Government business unit as a Java developer. We deliver next generation communications and intelligence solutions for law enforcement agencies and compliance solutions for telecommunications companies.
At the forefront of this vision is our globally successful IntelligenceReveal solution. This suite of tools provides an analytical platform that is designed to deliver complex all-source solutions built upon open, mature, modern and flexible frameworks. This solution is used to analyze data from one, or many, sources including open source data and the Dark Web.
We are looking for a Java developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise grade applications for our national and international customers.
Working within small focussed teams, you will work on some of the latest technologies to ingest millions of records per second into massively scalable data stores, and then process that data to provide actionable intelligence. You'll be involved with contributing to systems design and development decisions affecting the integration of existing and future systems, including Big Data technologies and cutting edge security and threat detection systems.
You will join a strong development team, working at our Guildford office in a relaxed, friendly but technically challenging area of the business. Depending on your skills, there may also be the opportunity for client facing work, including travel in both the U.K and abroad.What you could be doing for us:
What background are we looking for?Essential Skills and Experience
- Full lifecycle software development in Java.
- Successful delivery of high quality incremental software releases.
- Participation in occasional client site integrations, demos, training and business development activities.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating research on alternative technologies, tools and methods.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- You will have at least 3 years of professional software development using Java.
- You will have experience writing tests for existing and new code to ensure compatibility and stability
- You will be experienced in using different types of source control (preferably Git), be familiar with continuous integration, test-driven development and be prepared to use Agile development techniques to incrementally deliver working software.
- You will work well within small teams, taking ownership of and delivering high quality software - you should take pride in the software you produce.
- Microservice Architecture
- Spring/Spring Boot
- Apache Maven
Industry experience of any of the following technologies/skills would be beneficial:
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Apache Hadoop, Kafka or Camel.
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Apache Ignite
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.