Site leader for the development test area and a key contributor to the generation of verification test evidence, demonstrating compliance to our customer requirements. The Development Engineer is responsible for the planning and execution of readiness activities and qualification testing through strong technical knowledge and excellent organisational skills. Quality of development deliverables, adherence to procedures and process are key aspects of the role.Key Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Responsibility for the engineering test area, drive good housekeeping standards, generate and maintain test rig operating procedures.
- Responsible for planning rig usage, arranging maintenance and calibration by the relevant teams.
- Awareness and Involvement in all aspects of Development EH&S, including taking part in risk assessments of test equipment.
- Training engineers to operate test equipment safely.
- Interpretation of customer requirements into test definitions and formal Qualification Test Procedures.
- Generation of test equipment definitions to support Qualification Test activities.
- Able to perform Qualification, function and acceptance testing of engineering units where required; monitoring, recording and interpretting test data.
- Sourcing and management of external test facilities.
- Coordination of off-site testing including transportation, assembly and commissioning of all necessary support equipment, and performance of function tests during off-site testing.
- Manage and document test failure investigations and recommend corrective actions and support the operations team with issue investigations.
- Responsible for the generation and issue of Qualification/Development documentation (test procedures, waiver documents and test reports), or checking of documents generated by the team.
- Review and approval of manufacturing tooling drawings.
- Ability to complete simple drawing updates would be an advantage.
- Degree in Engineering or Science related discipline
- Operates with the highest level of personal integrity.
- Able to work under own initiative, calm under pressure and responsive to change.
- Logical approach to technical problem resolution and decision making.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to present test results and issues to the team.
- Computer literate; familiar with general PC software (e.g. Windows, MS Office).
- Process compliance driven.
- Able to travel (5%)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme which operates a double match.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.