This role has overall responsibility for the provision of a broad range of Project Management Office support, to a variety of projects and programmes, supporting our client's in Financial Services, Cyber Security, and Government sectors.What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Financial control - Creates and maintains project financial data, contributing to the management of project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitoring and reporting - Ensure adherence to standards for planning, scheduling and tracking projects, reporting to the Project Manager about the project status. Develops project performance reports.
- Stakeholder management & communications - Point of contact for project team and communications, managing and engaging with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Guidance & support - Sets up and provides detailed guidance on project management tools, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Supports programme or project Supports programme or project governance sets up control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Administration Support - Ad-hoc support to PM Lead, Portfolio Managers and PMs as required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office packages, in particularly Excel.
- Great time management and prioritisation skills - You are at the hub of activity and will need to cope with many conflicting demands on your time from senior stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and facilitation skills, ability to work as part of a team, with excellent stakeholder engagement and management, and ability to engage with senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Project Management and PMO Policies, Processes & Procedures, and methodologies and toolsets.
- Objective, analytical and lateral thinking with a 'can-do' attitude with the ability to summarise and communicate complicated issues
- APM PMQ or equivalent is desirable
We embrace hybrid working and therefore the role will be a split of working from home and from the Leeds office. We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements working reduced hours or part time. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.