Expleo is a global company and a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
Expleo Engineering UK is expanding its Electronics & Embedded Systems (EES) capability rapidly, so we are looking to recruit RTE Software Engineers at all levels who are keen to progress their careers with a growing company and who want to help our customers make real products. The RTE software engineer roles provide the opportunity to work on cutting edge defence technology, whilst utilsing state of the art software development tools and procedures.
The EES business unit has world class experts in the provision of real-time embedded systems, specialising in safety critical control systems. To continue to grow the business we are now looking for experienced software engineers to join our growing team.
- Linux engineer to join a team to configure, maintain and update a Linux Run Time Environment supporting a variety of separate projects. We will be deploying our environment following a DevOps process and are looking to automate the process as much as possible..
- We are looking for candidates with strong problem-solving skills who can work independently as well as contributing to a team effort.
- Producing installation scripts
- System deployment
- Installation testing
- Educated to degree level with an engineering related degree or equivalent work experience
- C, C++ programming languages
- BASH, Python scripting languages
- Linux system installation and configuration (RHEL 4 – 8 specified but as long as all these are covered, not all team members need to support all distributions)
- Linux configuration automation (IaC, Ansible).
- knowledge of the Linux Kernel including Linux driver writing and modification
- Containerisation (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Automated testing (Squish) and Developer level verification
- Linux administration
- Java programming language
- Requirments Capture
- BitBucket, Jira, Jenkins, Git
- Experienced in Defence / Aerospace or other safety regulated environments.
- Previous experience in underwater system/marine software development
- Working experience in in-service products and projects, New project / product development and Exploratory projects / products
- Hands on experience configuring and administering Linux systems
- Hands on experience with C & C++ programming languages
What do I need before I apply
- The candidate is expected to have experience configuring and administering Linux systems
- Successful candidates will need to be eligible and willing to apply for SC clearance
- The chance to work on some of the hardest engineering problems around, including novel applications in a range of market areas, including aerospace, defence, rail and automotive.
- In addition to your salary, you will receive 25 days leave per year, pension plan, optional health care and a wide variety of staff benefits.
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and our peers through good times and challenges
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.