Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
We are seeking a qualified Marine Solutions Architect to join our proactive and innovative team.
The Solutions Architect works in the Marine MBU in support of the Sales Directors and Key Account Managers.
Purpose of the role:
- To develop technical solutions, across countries and disciplines, drawing from the breadth of Expleo and its partners that significantly add value to our customers.
- To ensure that complex (multi functional) offers/ solutions are governed correctly and delivered.
- Underwrites the offers and delivery strategy being implemented for complex/ strategically important work.
- Provides independent Review of the delivery of complex and strategically important projects to ensure they meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring that we are aware of trends and have clear plans on how we can benefit from them.
- Support defining a multi-year view of the capacity and capability demands needed to deliver the solutions required in order to fulfil our Marine strategy and the needs of the market.
- To help Expleo grow our commercial Marine business
- Support Marine Business Unit in winning business, looking at key technical ways of differentiation
- Architect and Integrate cross CBU/complex end to end technical solutions
- Approve the technical Solution for complex and strategically important bids.
- Conducts Independent governance/ health/ progress checks of complex project during delivery.
- Building and maintaining a solution network within Expleo so we have Clarity on capabilities within the group and who to go to,
- Continuous improvement (LFE) / best practices, from other solutions/ projects / learning from experience incorporated into the solution
- Provide the business a thorough understanding of the Marine market, latest trends and competitive landscape.
- Identifying opportunities in existing and new areas for expansion/ growth
- Support the definition of the Marine yearly capability strategic roadmap for the Marine MBU
- Support the definition of the Marine innovation strategic roadmap for the Marine MBU
- Contribute to the strategic account plans and business winning campaigns
- Defining the capability and capacity needs for the Marine business
In addition, the Marine Solution Architect will support the Marine Chief Engineer in Technical Governance:
- Technical governance of a Marine Project, ensuring that Expleo is compliant and mitigates technical risk.
- Validating engineering requirements ensuring the Customer needs are fully understood and fulfilled.
- Technical Approval of offers to ensure that Technical and Business risks are minimised.
- Monitoring that the correct capabilities and skills have been applied to meet specific project requirements.
- Ensuring that the engineering organisation is in place and delegated, and that the processes and practices are fit for purpose to discharge the technical governance of the Business Unit.
- The continuous improvement of the engineering area and contribution of continuous improvement of engineering within the Marine activities.
- Ensuring technical reviews are conducted in accordance with the product/project requirement and appropriate records produced including the robust implementation of lessons learned through the updating of Marine processes, practices and knowledge
- Candidates should have a Degree / HND or equivalent in Marine Engineering or an associated discipline. Chartered Engineer status is preferred.
- The candidate shall have a proven track record in leading multi-functional teams to deliver Commercial Marine and/or Naval projects across a range of disciplines.
- Detailed knowledge of Marine design standards and Legislation.
- Robust knowledge of the quality requirements of ISO9001 and Expleo QMS.
- 10 to 15 years experience in Naval or Commercial Ship Design.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing engineering role.
What do I need before I apply
- Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will need the following: UK National, Minimum BPSS, SC Clearance preferred.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car Allowance
- Invitation to join company bonus scheme