Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
As the UK Defence Cybersecurity Specialist you will be responsible for the growth, leadership, management, and development of the Expleo UK Defence Cybersecurity capability. As part of the Expleo Digital team, you will report to the Cybersecurity Lead and be responsible for recruitment and development of sector strategy. Working alongside sales experts you will engage and assist in bid writing and identifying new opportunities.
When required, you will work closely with Defence-oriented clients in the UK and her allies as a Principal Cybersecurity Consultant. Developing Cybersecurity and information assurance through governance, risk, compliance (GRC) and engineering to prevent compromise of our customers’ systems and products.
This is a customer facing role which will provide you with the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and cutting-edge products as well as the chance to become a strategic leader in an ambitious rapidly growing global business.
- Team building and line management: growth of the team, identifying needs, leadership, mentoring, and recruitment
- Strategy development: short, medium, and long-term planning and developing a vision for the UK Defence Cybersecurity Sector
- Identifying and assisting in the development of sales / bid opportunities
- Stakeholder management – engaging with internal Expleo stakeholders, customers, and prospective clients
- Delivering Cybersecurity expertise to meet customer requirements relevant to your specialisms (GRC, Security Architecture, Cloud Computing, etc)
- Attending industry and customer events as an ambassador of the Expleo brand
- Travelling between Expleo and customer sites throughout the UK as required
- Relevant education or industry recognised certifications in computing-related subjects suited to a senior management role in Cybersecurity (for example: BSc, MSc, CISSP / CISM or GIAC)
- Significant and demonstrable experience of the UK Defence Sector; understanding of UK Defence organisational structures and key policies / standards (JSPs 440, 604, 892 and Standards 05-138, etc)
- Demonstrable experience managing and coordinating diverse stakeholders with both: technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Awareness and understanding of key Cybersecurity frameworks and best practice
- Proven experience in leadership and managerial roles; leading and nurturing talent in diverse teams across multidisciplinary environments.
- Experience as a commissioned officer or senior NCO in HM Armed Forces
- Engineering background
- NCSC CCP
- Project management experience
- DV Clearance (or eligibility to achieve such)
What do I need before I apply
- Current or eligibility to achieve at a minimum SC clearance
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and our peers through good times and challenges
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.