In this exciting role, as an NPI Manufacturing Engineer you will be fundamental to the development of new composite products and processes in a highly exciting and fast-paced environment. You will bring new products to our customers helping to move the world forward.
The role is critical to delivering manufacturing readiness to support the strategic growth timing. It offers the engineer the opportunity to learn and develop cutting edge composite manufacturing techniques and impact design solutions that will be deployed on existing and future aircraft platforms.Key Responsibilities:
You will bring to the role:
- Significantly contribute to the product maturity development of filament wound components
- Deliver Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) progression for key composite technology projects
- Drive process innovation and improvement
- Design and develop tooling, Jigs & Fixturing of varying complexity to facilitate the development of new parts and manufacturing methods
- Create detailed CAD models and drawings for parts and tooling, following change management best practice.
- Specify, source, install and commission CAPEX equipment working with internal and external suppliers
- Conduct PFMEA activities
- Author new and revised standard operating process documentation in line with company process
- Author manufacturing tools and lessons learned based on development project findings
- Be hands-on in the manufacture of prototype parts
- Provide reports and documentation necessary to demonstrate manufacturing progression
- Clearly communicate actions and progress of engineering tasks in hand
- Utilise best practice and industry recognised techniques to conduct effective root cause analysis
- Ideally at least HNC certified
- Background in Manufacturing Engineering , preferably in an Industrial Manufacturing setting.
- Experience in developing components, manufacturing processes, and testing methods
- Proficiency in creating jigs and fixtures of varying complexity.
- Experience with composite manufacturing process including Filament Winding would be advantageous but not essential
- Capability of conducting effective root cause analysis with the ability of driving product delivery.
- Knowledge of NX/Solid works CAD packages would be preferable
- Effective communication skills, suitable for communicating at multiple levels of the organisation.
- You will fit our dynamic and enthusiastic culture and be flexible with working hours.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme which operates a double match.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.