Locations: Flexible on locationReq ID: Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK are part of Raytheon Technologies, one of the largest aerospace, intelligence services providers, and defence manufacturers in the world. We are seeking to expand our Defence development team which is focussed on the development and integration of strategic systems for the UK Defence market. These systems address a diverse range of military intelligence and planning needs, and focus on information integration, processing and visualisation in a geospatial context. Raytheon follow a DevOps lifecycle approach and an Agile development methodology utilising SAFe and SCRUM as core methods. The role will serve both the Space and Intelligence business areas but will initially reside within the Information Exploitation section of the C4I business unit. The holder of this role will need to possess or be capable of possessing SC clearance with an option to increasing to DV in support of future roadmap development.Main Duties:
Work as a Java Software Engineer within an Agile software delivery team, involved in deployments across different disciplines to add value to the business area.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.Role & Responsibilities:
Candidate Requirements:Essential skills
- Design, build and run code using industry best practice. You will help in defining the evolvement of best practice and in the supporting of estimation activities.
- Contribute to the completion of features within the product roadmap. Your decisions will be of significant value and will contribute to the overall success of the programme
- Perform first line peer reviews and provide direction and guidance around the review
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practice and code within the team
- Provide technical direction within the team
- Design and develop new product functionality
- Contribute and produce test artefacts including unit tests and integration tests that will form part of the continuous delivery mechanism
Desirable skills of interest
- Previous experience of working in an Agile delivery team and producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience building enterprise level web applications or services
- Experience using TDD, BDD and working understanding of SOLID
- Experience using Mockito/JUNIT
- DevOps or DevSecOps principles
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/SQL Server)
- Experience using JasperReports, Google Web Toolkit (GWT) or Geographic Information Systems advantageous.
About Raytheon UK
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space businessAbout Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities .
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: