Lead Infrastructure EngineerLocations: Warminster/hybrid Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK are part of Raytheon Technologies, one of the largest aerospace, intelligence services providers, and defence manufacturers in the world. We are seeking to expand our Defence development team which is focussed on the development and integration of strategic systems for the UK Defence market. These systems address a diverse range of military intelligence and planning needs, and focus on information integration, processing and visualisation in a geospatial context. Raytheon follow a DevOps lifecycle approach and an Agile development methodology utilising SAFe and SCRUM as core methods. The role will serve both the Space and Intelligence business areas but will initially reside within the Information Exploitation section of the C4I business unit. The holder of this role will need to possess or be capable of possessing SC clearance with an option to increasing to DV in support of future roadmap development. Main Duties:
Work as a Lead Infrastructure Engineer within an Agile software delivery team, involved in deployments across different disciplines to add value to the business area.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.Role & Responsibilities:
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including customers, end users, business analysts, development team, and user enablement
- Define the product hosting design constraints to the Chief Engineer, Product Manager and Product Owner and assist with solutions to overcome them.
- Attend and where required, conduct client/stakeholder user, technical, and security working groups.
- Create and maintain Systems Engineering and Product documents, engaging with internal and external stakeholders to deliver accurate content.
- Act as project security representative, maintaining the product Risk Management Accreditation Documentation Set (RMADS) and Project Security Plan
- Support and assist end-user use of the application on national and international exercises, along with supporting assessments and onboarding activities with third-party companies.
- Assist in the design, build, update and ongoing support of the programme IT solutions such as internal dev/test and demonstration environments and customer pre-production and training environments.
- Maintain and provide Level 4 reach back capability (support) to the customer and end-user in accordance with the defined Service Level Agreement (SLA) through the customers help desk.
- Assist in working on future technological requirements for the product, such as new ways of using and deployment
- Provide technical direction within the team
- Maintains the service catalogue and ensures the wider IT service operations knowledge library is maintained
Desirable skills of interest
- Previous experience of working in an Agile delivery team and producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline.
About Raytheon UK
- Experience in the design, development, testing, integration, operation, and support of software/applications and communication systems. Will be required to work under own initiative and lead a team when required.
- Excellent customer facing and inter personnel communications skills.
- Technological experience: VMWare/Hyper-V/VirtualBox virtualization technologies, Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 7/10, SQL Server, Cisco switches, Exchange, Wide Area Network (WAN) simulation, Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Domain Name Services (DNS), Dynamic Control Host Protocol (DHCP), Imaging and Backup Solutions.
- Experience of ITIL V3/4
- Experience in Systems Engineering across the lifecycle of a software product
- Proven track record of delivering solutions with a customer-first mind set
- Experience of planning, estimating, and defining engineering tasks
- Knowledge of development of Systems of Systems
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It's 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a 'Hybrid Working Model'*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we're committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women's Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We're also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM's Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign's 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a 'best place to work for LGBTQ Equality'.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.