Description Employer description:
Impact Computing & Consulting Ltd are an award-winning Managed IT Services company based in the North-West and are proud of their reputation for delivering the highest levels of service. Their clients include some of Lancashire's most established businesses with between 25 and 150 users.
They are forward thinking and friendly but also have a passion for the work that they do.
Do you ever wonder what joining a Company is like where you are truly valued by the people around you?
Would you like to be part of a team that has fun whilst they work?
Do you want to get into the IT industry but have no real-world experience?
Do you want to join a company where you can grow with it and professionally develop your career?
Do you want to be part of providing the best quality of service to our customers?
If you answered 'Yes
', then this may be the Company for you.
They currently have an IT Apprentice in the business, and they are now looking for an eager Cyber Security Apprentice to join them that wants to push forward their career or start a career in Cyber Security. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete your Apprenticeship with them. Overview:
As a Cyber Security Apprentice, you will support the vital and ever-growing security offerings of the business. The role will be working alongside the companies Client Security lead to support the delivery of the company's security products and services which includes Cyber Essentials, password management and employee training and phishing simulations.
Fast and effective response to security incidents also form an integral part to the role however, prevention is a far better approach and consultation, monitoring and analysis of security systems are a key responsibility of the role.
Part of the role will require reporting, presentation and advise to customers and being able to deliver this information in an understandable and effective way
As Cyber Security is an ever expanding and evolving sector you will be involved in the development of new products and services. Salary:
£18,000 per annum. Day to Day Role & Responsibilities:
- Responding of daily security queries using the company's ticketing system. This can range from threat alerts, virus/malware, anti-virus, phishing emails and security advise.
- Assisting with security incidents from investigation, mitigation and reporting
- Delivery of the company's Cyber Essentials service ensuring customers are continuously compliant and aiding annual assessments
- Management of the company's training and phishing simulation platform including configuration
- Analysis and collation of client security data suitable for presentation by the sales team
- Proactive monitoring and risk assessments of customer security systems and vulnerabilities
- Development and implementation of new security products and services
- Communication and awareness to other employees on new vulnerabilities, security products, industry developments
You will also be required to attend Internal Training and keep up to date with industry trends and developments to ensure these are reflected in the company's current service Desirable skills:
- Passionate about Cyber Security, IT & Technology
- The company has a high reputation for customer service therefore candidates must be confident in communication.
- Detail orientated
- Socially caring
- Logically deductive
- Proactive approach
- Enthusiastic and Dedicated
- Is highly motivated
- Has the passion to succeed
- Wants to challenge yourself
- Like's stepping outside of your comfort zone
Above all else, you will be a friendly and positive individual. Entry criteria:
The entry requirements for this apprenticeship are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
The company's workforce is dedicated and enthusiastic who take pride in the work they do but most importantly they like to have fun and prioritise a happy and positive work environment. They have regular social activities and game nights including:
- Semi-annual company awards with prizes and bonuses
- Company BBQs when the sun is out
- Outdoor pizza days in the summer
- And their very own landscaped garden for chilling and relaxing with nature
On successful completion of your apprenticeship, they will put together a personalised career development plan with you with defined salary progression and invest in you further with paid for training and opportunities & qualifications.
So, you are safe in the knowledge that you are joining a growing, successful Company with a bright future ahead of you if you work hard to succeed in your apprenticeship. Important information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.