National Security Gloucester Overview
The National Security business in Gloucester is growing and there are an increasing number of opportunities to work with a range of National Security clients to provide solutions that have a real impact.
Be part of a growing team that not only delivers for its clients but also gives back to the community with plenty of opportunities to get involved with local community engagement and outreach activities to help build tech and cyber skills in the region.Software Engineer
We are looking for experienced Lead Software Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government sector. This position is open to applicants who would like to work either part time or full time hours.What you could be doing for us:
What background are we looking for?
- Designing, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs, and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system
- Providing accurate estimates of development effort needed to design, code and test software from given specifications
- Logically analysing code defects and produces timely code fixes
How we will support you:
- The desire to solve complex technical problems, helping our customers achieve their goals
- Someone who has the aspiration to learn new skills and better themselves where possible
- Knowledge of some cloud engineering such as AWS, Docker, Microservices ect is desirable but not essential
- The ability to work as part of a team, knowledge share and be involved with our Agile ways of working
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
- Feel free to join in with some of our monthly social events ranging from: 'First Friday', Lunch & Learns (free pizza/snacks), Tech Talks and much more.
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
If this sounds like you, it's time to apply...Security Clearance
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearanceLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.